What I Ate This Week on Slimming World – Week 6 – My new addition to the blog, where I will share my weekly food diary. This is so much better than just a basic Meal Plan because you will see the food exactly how it was made and enjoyed.
This week started off really well and I was determined to get a loss this week. Then on Wednesday, I got a parcel from the hospital with some of my mum’s belongings that had been missed. As you can imagine it sent the rest of the day into a bit of a turmoil and I ended up picking at things I shouldn’t of that evening which took me well over my syns for the day.
I’ve shared before how food has always been a comfort thing for me at times when I’m down and struggling. It’s definitely something I need to try and combat, but it’s easy saying that after the fact, as when you are actually in one of those moments, you are often not thinking sensibly and this week has definitely been a huge struggle.
I managed to pull it back the rest of the week and keep on plan apart from a little over on my syns yesterday. But not enough to get a loss this week.
Here is what I ate this What I Ate This Week on Slimming World – Week 4 starting Monday 11th June 2018:
- Lunch: Waffle Omelette
- Dinner: For the sweet potato I just microwaved for a few mins, then slices, seasoned with salt and grilled on a cast iron pan with the steak.
- Breakfast: For the tomatoes and mushrooms, just fry mushrooms in spray oil with a pinch of salt till lightly golden and then add in some fresh chopped cherry/grape tomatoes, continue to fry till softened and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Lunch: The carrot chips I cooked in my air fryer, just sliced thinly, and seasoning with salt and paprika, spray with spray oil, before adding to the air fryer. (I used my Nuwave Air Fryer)
- Dinner: Creamy Garlic Pasta
- Lunch: lunch was out today and was pretty healthy, there may have been some small syns in the frittata, but it was literally a tiny slice and didn’t use all my syns today.
- Dinner: Simple tray bake tonight, seasoned chicken thighs with paprika, herbs, garlic, salt, pepper and place on a tray with some slices of Yukon gold potatoes (use Elfe variety in the UK) and asparagus and bake at 200c/400f until lightly golden.
As mentioned everything was going well today, until I got that parcel and then was stressed and upset and missing my mum for the rest of the day, so had lunch out and ended up snacking on far too many things I shouldn’t have.
- Breakfast – I cooked the bacon in my air fryer Nuwave Air Fryer), toast was baked in the oven, to make it lovely and crispy, so I don’t need any butter. The tomatoes were just chopped fresh and drizzled with a balsamic glaze.
- Lunch: Just a combination of leftovers, cooked some onion and carrots in cooking oil spray, added in some stock and zucchini, then once the veg was softened, added in some leftover cooked chicken and quinoa, super healthy and filling.
- Dinner: Roasted Butternut Squash and Ricotta Lasagne
- Breakfast – Toast was baked in the oven, to make it lovely and crispy, so I don’t need any butter. Just preheat to 200c/400f, add toasted to a tray lined with foil, mist with cooking oil spray over top and bake till crispy on top and flip over till underside is crispy. It makes such. a difference. Top with HEa of Ricotta, some defrosted mixed berries and a drizzle of honey, it’s amazing!!!
- Lunch: Air Fryer Crispy Potato Chip Chicken cooked in my Nuwave Air Fryer
- Dinner: I cooked the sausages in the air fryer and did my chips in the oven using my Perfect Syn Free Chips recipe.
- Breakfast – Toast was baked in the oven, to make it lovely and crispy, so I don’t need any butter. Just preheat to 200c/400f, add toasted to a tray lined with foil, mist with cooking oil spray over top, add a pinch of sea salt if using for savoury and bake till crispy on top and flip over till underside is crispy. So crispy
- Lunch: Creamy Garlic Pasta
- Dinner: I had lots of veg to use up, so added parsnips, onion, butternut squash, peppers to a tray with paprika, cumin, sea salt and pepper with cooking oil spray, baked at 200c/400f for 20 mins and then added the chicken and zucchini and continued to bake until chicken was cooked, really easy, but so yummy.
- Breakfast – The sausages were store bought, but if you have time these Sausage Patties are yummy. Whole wheat English muffins are only a HEb in the US and Canada, but you can substitute with a 60g wholemeal roll.
- Lunch: Roasted Butternut Squash Ricotta Lasagne
- Dinner: I still had lots of roasted veg left from yesterday, so made a quick curry which I served with rice. I’ll get the recipe for this up on the blog soon.
TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS THIS WEEK: 0
Going to really try for a 100% on plan week this week. Fingers crossed I see those scales go down next week.
How did you get on this week? Comment below to let me know how you are doing.
DO YOU WANT TO SEE SOME MORE FOOD DIARIES? CHECK OUT MY WHAT I ATE THIS WEEK SECTION.
Don’t forget to subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date with all new recipes, meals plans and tips etc
INTERESTED IN JOINING SLIMMING WORLD SO YOU CAN ENJOY THESE FABULOUS FOODS WHILE STILL LOSING WEIGHT?
Click here if you are in the USA – Slimming World USA
Click here if you are outside the USA – Slimming World
and if you want to know more about Slimming World – you can check out my review: Slimming World Review
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.