I love the colours of the broccoli slaw mix in this delicious Low Syn Yakitori Chicken and Noodles
I love yakitori chicken, it's delicious grilled pieces of tender chicken with a saltiness from the soy sauce or tamari and the sweetness from mirin and sake.
Although some are unique ingredients, this Yakitori Chicken and Noodles is pretty straight forward and easy to make. I have omitted the sake altogether to keep the syns down in this and just gone for some Mirin instead, but if you can not locate mirin, then just replace with additional maple syrup.
For the speed foods in this Yakitori Chicken and Noodles - I like to use broccoli slaw, it is basically just bags of shredded vegetables (broccoli, stalks, cabbage and carrots).
I always buy at least one bag a week as they are super handy to have for adding quick speed foods to things like stir fries etc. If you can't get the bags, just use any shredded veg of your choice.
Did you know broccoli stalks are a great one for shredding to add to stir fries etc and of course they are a speed food.
Make this Yakitori Chicken and Noodles, original or SP friendly, by using a vegetable spiralizer and using something like butternut squash or swede (rutabaga) spiralled and used in place of the noodles.
Looking for some more noodle recipes? Check out these delicious ones here: Noodle Recipes
Low Syn Yakitori Chicken with Noodles
- 5 chicken thighs, sliced
- 300g/10.5oz of broccoli slaw mix (or if you cant get this just use some grated carrot, onion and cabbage)
- 300g/10.5oz of bean sprouts
- 170g/6oz of noodles
- ½ cup of soy sauce (or tamari or coconut aminos)
- 2 tablespoons of mirin (4 syns)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (2 syns) (or use sweetener if you prefer and deduct 1 syn from each serving)
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- Spray oil
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- For the sauce - add the mirin, soy sauce, sugar and vinegar and mix thoroughly.
- Spray a Wok or frying pan over a medium heat with spray oil and add the chicken and cook until golden. Add the broccoli slaw mix and beansprouts and stir fry for a few more minutes. Add the sauce mix and allow to reduce slightly.
- In the meantime, soak your noodles in some boiling hot water until softened.
- Add the noodles to the wok with the chicken, veg and sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Divide among bowls and top with some spring onion.
This recipe is dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 1.5 syns per serving
- Slimming World SP - 1.5 syns per serving (omit noodles and add extra veggies)
- WW Flex/Freestyle Smart Points - 7 per serving
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 326Cholesterol 82.9mgSodium 2041mgCarbohydrates 48.3gFiber 4.5gSugar 13.9gProtein 22.4g
i gotta admit, this looks DELISH!