Tender oven baked chicken thighs with delicious black pepper seasoning served with balsamic roasted vegetables
This black pepper chicken and balsamic roasted vegetables is such a delicious combination and great with a variety of different sides. It's super easy to make and all cooked on one tray.
The lovely flavours of juicy roasted vegetables such as peppers, onion and courgette (zucchini) - don't be afraid to mix that up with different vegetables of your choice.
Chicken Thighs or Chicken Breast for Tray Bakes
I don't recommend swapping the boneless skinless chicken thighs for chicken breast. Chicken thighs stay really tender for this style of cooking with seasoning.
More Chicken Recipes
Looking for some more chicken recipes? Check out these:
- SLOW COOKER CRACK CHICKEN
- DIET COKE CHICKEN
- CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS NO PASTRY PIE
- HOISIN CHICKEN (ACTIFRY OR STOVE TOP)
- LEMON CHILLI CHICKEN
- PIZZA CHICKEN
- CHINESE CHICKEN CURRY
- CHINESE SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 900 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc
Sides for Black Pepper Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
Various different sides go well with this recipe, from pasta, rice, oven-baked chips, or mashed potatoes and when I am trying to be really good - Cauliflower Rice or Sour Cream and Chive Cauliflower Mash
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, raw
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 courgette, halved lengthways and sliced
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- cooking oil spray
- freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 200c of 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place vegetables in a oven proof dish, season with salt and black pepper and spray over the top with some cooking oil spray and add the balsamic vinegar and toss to coat, place in the oven and bake for about 45 mins, till softened
- For the chicken, season with salt and then season well with some black pepper, add red pepper flakes if using and place on a baking tray lined with parchment and spray over the top with olive oil spray. Bake for approx 30 mins, until lightly golden on top and cooked through, you can add them into oven with the vegetables after approx 15 mins. Once ready sprinkle with freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Serve with the roasted vegetables and your choice of sides
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World – syn free per serving
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot content or post recipe or content in full. All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
ZeZaZu Parchment Paper Sheets for Baking (100 Sheets), Precut 12 x 16 inches - Exact Fit for Half-Sheet Baking Pans, Unbleached, Dual-Sided Coating, Siliconized, Non-Stick, RECLOSABLE Pack
Baking Tray Set of 4, HaWare Stainless Steel Baking Sheet –Rimmed Pan Baking Sets -Healthy & Non Toxic, Easy Clean & Dishwasher Safe (Large Size)