Sriracha Peach Chicken Bake - delicious tender chicken thighs with a spicy sriracha peach marinade baked over a bed of mixed vegetables.
Spicy Sriracha Peach Chicken
This time of year I love recipes where I can add everything to one tray for a easy delicious meal for the whole family and this bake ticks all the boxes.
I had an abundant of ripe peaches that I need to use up and usually I'd make some kind of puree to serve over some plain Greek yoghurt or oatmeal. But with some chicken thighs to cook for dinner, I thought how about I use them for a flavoursome marinade to coat the chicken.
So looking in the pantry for a few other ingredients to compliment the flavour of the ripe peaches, I grabbed the bottle of sriracha for a perfect spicy kick and a few other items like soy sauce and tomato paste puree to create the perfect sauce.
Best Food Processor for making Marinades
While food processors are not a necessity for purees and marinades as you can use something like a mortar and pestle or just mix together everything finally chopped. I have to say I do love my little food processor, it's the perfect size for things like sauces, salsa, guacamole, dips (hummus) and delicious marinades like this Sriracha Peach.
There are various different options, but I have the Kitchenaid Mini Food Processor - any mini food processor will work fine though, including nutribullets or stick blenders if it comes with a tall blender jug. Full size blenders or food processors are not really ideal for small quantities like in a marinade however, until you are making a larger amount.
Vegetables great for Bakes
Feel free to adapt this recipe with your own choice of vegetables, there are so many different choices you can use. I just went for what I had on hand and what I thought would go well with the flavours.
So my choices where:
- Red Bell Pepper
- Bok Choy
Some other great choices are:
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Shredded Brussels
- Shredded Cabbage
- Different Colour Bell Peppers
- Green Beans
- Different Types of mushrooms (some thinly sliced baby king oysters are my favourite, but can be hard to source).
Can I use Chicken Breast?
I recommend boneless skinless chicken thighs for this recipe, as they stay nice and tender. Chicken breast may be come dry by the time it has cooked and the marinade has turned into a nice glaze, so it is not the best option to use for this recipe. Plus some cheaper chicken breasts can release a lot of water which will really dilute all the yummy flavours.
Can I use sweetener?
While it might be tempting to swap the maple syrup for some sweetener instead to save on calories. I personally don't recommend it as it won't create that same lovely glossy marinade as the sugar caramelizes. If you don't have maple syrup you can use honey or brown sugar.
Best Pan for Oven Baking
Choosing the right kind of pan for oven baking is really important. You don't want a pan that is too small so that everything is all crammed too close together, otherwise the heat can't penetrate very well and you will get uneven cooking.
Use either a large baking tray, where you can spread out an even layer of the vegetables and then place the chicken thighs on top.
Or my favourite pan right now is this All-clad Square Skillet with Double Handles - it can be use on stove top or in a oven up to 500f or under the grill/boiler, which means it is perfect for recipes like this Sriracha Peach Chicken Bake.
(As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Sides for Sriracha Peach Chicken Bake
Wondering what sides to serve with this Spicy Sriracha Chicken Bake, it will actually pair well with so many different choices.
I went for plain Jasmine Rice, it's the perfect rice for soaking up all that yummy sauce/broth but some other options are:
- Plain Noodles (toss with the veggies and broth once the chicken bake is cooked).
- Egg Fried Rice
- Lime Cilantro Rice
- Crushed Roasted Potatoes
- Egg Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Roasted Cauliflower Rice
- Perfect Oven Baked Chips
- Sweet Potato Fries
or you could even just serve with some extra green veggies of your choice.
More Oven Bake Recipes
Love bakes like this? Check out some of my other recipes:
- Cheesy Sausage Salsa Tray Bake
- Creamy Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Chicken Tray Bake
- Moroccan Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potato Tray Bake
- Beef Kofta Tray Bake
- Chicken, Potato, Vegetable Tray Bake
- Honey Garlic Chicken Burger Tray Bake
- Cheesy Bolognese Gnocchi Bake
- Mexican Chicken and Rice Bake
or if you would like more recipe ideas - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes and can search by ingredients, course, diet and more.
All with estimated calories and Slimming Eats and Weight Watcher Smart Points values.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your
Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
For the marinade:
- 3 ripe large peaches, peeled and stone removed
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste (puree)
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (or can use honey/brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons of sriracha (can adjust to your desired spice level)
- 2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- For the bake:
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, raw (approx 700g)
- salt and black pepper
- 200g of bok choy, leaves separated (or shredded cabbage)
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, halved and slice thinly
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- olive oil spray
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 220c, 200c fan, 425f or gas mark 7
- Add the ingredients for the marinade to a mini food processor and pulse until the marinade is smooth.
- Add to a bowl with the chicken thighs and toss to coat.
- Spread the bok choy, mushrooms, red pepper and onion in baking dish an even layer, spray over the top with olive oil spray.
- Place the marinated chicken thighs on top of the vegetables evenly spaced out. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Brush any remaining marinade in the bowl over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, taking out after 20 minutes and brush with marinade juices to create a nice glaze.
- Scatter with the spring onions
- Serve and enjoy!!
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 337Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 163mgSodium 1216mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 5gSugar 16gProtein 39g
Nutritional information, values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.