Honey Garlic Chicken Burger Tray Bake - tasty chicken burgers flavoured with honey and garlic all cooked on one tray with roasted butternut squash, peppers, onion and corn.
Tray bakes are definitely my thing at the moment, I just can't seem to get enough of them. I love the simplicity and the fact I can add everything on to one tray and cook with minimal effort and less cleaning up afterwards too.
So with some chicken mince to use for dinner tonight, a tray bake just seemed like the perfect idea.
There are plenty of meatballs recipes on Slimming Eats that you can enjoy, but not many burger recipes and a Honey Garlic Chicken Burger Tray Bake just seemed like a perfect idea.
You may be wondering why the honey?
Well, you could, but trust me when I say that honey added into the burger, does some great work to caramelize the burgers, giving them that lovely golden colour and helps keep them nice and tender.
and of course we all know honey and garlic flavour chicken anything is just delish, right?
With the burger flavourings decided, all that was left was what veggies or sides I was going to add on the tray to go along with it.
This is usually where I will grab a few items that need using up and viola delicious recipes are often created.
So this time around it was peppers, butternut squash. The kids love corn, so I also grabbed a can of corn, and well when peppers are involved there just has to be some onion.
Love Tray Bake recipes? Check out these other recipes:
- Chicken, Vegetable and Potato Traybake
- Smoked Mackerel Tray Bake
- Black Pepper Chicken Tray Bake
- Garlic Lemon Tray Bake
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Rice Tray Bake
- Chilli Cheese Fries
- Lemon Herb Butter Salmon Tray Bake
- Feta, Roasted Beetroot and Chicken Tray Bake
- Moroccan Chicken Tray Bake
- Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake
- All Day Breakfast Tray Bake
- Beef Kofta Tray Bake
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 850 delicious Slimming Eats and Weight Watchers recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, value and smart points etc.
Kitchen Items Need for this Honey Garlic Chicken Burger Tray Bake:
Some good quality trays are a must. I love these Nordic Ware baking sheets, they are super good quality and sturdy. I purchased various different sizes, small, medium, large and then an extra large one. For this tray bake, I recommend using one that is around 45x33cm's.
I also always line my trays with Parchment Paper just to protect them even further, because spray oils can tend to cause a build-up of residue over time and the parchment paper also means nothing sticks, resulting in easy clear up afterwards. A definite must.
Other items used were:
How can I add a ⅓ vegetables to this Honey Garlic Chicken Burger Tray Bake?
Don't worry I've got you covered with this recipe, there are plenty of veggies in this dish for your ⅓ vegetables.
You can increase them even further if you wish by making up a nice mixed salad with crisp lettuce leaves and cucumber.
Or if you feel hey enough with the vegetables. I want something starchy with this!!
Then some brown rice is delicious, with all those veggies and that yummy Louisiana Remoulade Dip.
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 600g of butternut squash, cubed small
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 455g/1lb of extra lean chicken mince (ground chicken) - can use turkey
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 2 tbs of honey
- 2 tbs of chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ tsp of salt
- ½ red pepper, diced small
- ½ green pepper, diced small
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1 cup (175g) of sweet corn
- fresh coriander
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
for the Louisiana Remoulade Dip
- ½ cup (120ml) of fat-free plain yoghurt
- 2 tbs of low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbs of fresh lemon juice
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of granulated sweetener of choice (I use sukrin:1)
- salt and black pepper to season
For the Louisiana Remoulade:
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine, set aside
For the Tray Bake:
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add butternut squash to a bowl wit the paprika, toss to coat. Spray with cooking oil spray and toss again to coat.
- Add to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes
- While the butternut squash bakes, add the ground chicken, garlic, honey, parsley and salt to bowl, mix till combined and form into 4 equal sized burgers.
- Once the butternut squash has baked for 30 minutes, remove the tray from the oven, push the butternut squash to one quarter of the tray, then place the burgers next to it, and add the peppers, onion and corn to the other spare space.
- Season over the top with salt and black pepper, spray over the top with cooking oil spray
- Place back in the oven for approx 20-25 mins until the chicken burgers are lightly golden and cooked through. (remove tray after 10 mins and brush over the top with the juices that are released from the burgers, this will help them get a lovely caramelisation.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander.
- Serve with the dip and enjoy!!!
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 323Total Fat 8.5gSaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 75mgSodium 966mgCarbohydrates 38.9gFiber 6.9gSugar 17.4gProtein 27.9g
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.