Simple Delicious Lemon and Herb Butter Salmon Traybake - succulent salmon fillets with the flavours of garlic, herbs and butter, served with tender carrots and zucchini.
Gotta love a traybake? I've been making them pretty much twice a week at the moment, as they are just so simple and you can pretty much combine anything onto a tray and viola a little while later, a meal is ready and on the table.
In the summer months, when it's hot and you don't fancy slaving at the stove for hours, traybakes are perfect.
Some of my favourites are:
- Chicken, Potato, Vegetable Tray Bake
- Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Rice Traybake
- Chicken, Feta and Roasted Beetroot Bake
- Garlic and Lemon Chicken
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 800 delicious Slimming Eats Recipes, fully searchable by meal type, ingredients etc.
When making a traybake dish like this Lemon and Herb Butter Salmon Traybake, it's important to combine ingredients that will cook at a similar time, or ensure you add the item that takes the longest first and then add the other ingredients after a little while of cooking time.
Fish like salmon and Chicken thighs are perfect for traybakes as they stay nice and tender and really take on any flavour that you add to them.
Pick seasoning or spices that will compliment the protein and vegetable you are using.
Lemon, garlic, herbs and butter, just goes amazingly well with salmon, it's probably one of my favourite ways to add some flavour to salmon fillets. I mean what's not to like about garlic and butter? It's a match made it heaven.
I choose to use regular butter over low-fat margarine or spread for this Lemon and Herb Butter Salmon Traybake, as there is nothing like the real deal and 1 tbs is enough for a serving for two. Why use anything else?
If you need some more inspiration for salmon, check out these other salmon recipes:
- Honey Teriyaki Salmon with Noodles
- Salmon and Leek Pasta Bake
- Salmon and Broccoli Quiche
- Maple Glazed Salmon
- Salmon and Tomatoes with Rice Pilaf
- Salmon, Brussels and Squash Patties
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ SPEED FOODS TO THIS LEMON AND HERB BUTTER SALMON TRAYBAKE?
I added zucchini and carrot sticks to the tray for this delicious traybake, both speed foods that go really well with the flavours of this dish, but you could use any speed vegetables of your choice. Butternut squash, asparagus and Brussel sprouts would also go really well. You could even add a few baby potatoes to the tray (I recommend parboiling first).
TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS LEMON AND HERB BUTTER SALMON TRAYBAKE YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING KITCHEN ITEMS:
Find me ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER | and YOUTUBE, come and follow me TO MAKE SURE YOU KEEP UP TO DATE ON ALL NEW RECIPES 🙂
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Lemon and Herb Butter Salmon Traybake
This recipe is gluten free and Weight Watchers friendly
- 2 Salmon Fillets (approx 150g/5.5oz per fillet)
- 3 Zucchini, sliced into batons
- 3 carrots, sliced into batons
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs of butter, softened
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped finely
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon sliced
- lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the softened butter to a small bowl, along with the garlic, lemon zest and chopped parsley and mix to combine.
- Place the salmon fillets on one half of a large non stick baking sheet. Squeeze over each salmon fillet a little fresh lemon juice.
- Spoon the butter paste onto the salmon fillets and then decorate each salmon fillet with a couple of lemon slices.
- Arrange the carrot and zucchini batons on the other half of the tray and spray over the top with some cooking oil spray.
- Season both the vegetables and salmon with salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for approx 15-20 mins. Salmon should be moist and succelent.
- Serve as is or with additional choice of sides.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 serving (1 fillet with veg)
Amount Per Serving Calories 236Total Fat 9.1gSaturated Fat 4.3gCholesterol 71mgSodium 429mgCarbohydrates 14.2gFiber 4.5gSugar 6.1gProtein 25.9g
I just had this for supper with sweet potato and it was delicious. I can't even describe how good it tasted. Thanks britmumincanada this is gonna be a regular on my menu!
glad you enjoyed it 🙂
Moira Fox says
Made this for the first time tonight. I normally make a risotto with salmon on top when we eat salmon. However we had been out for lunch and eaten wedges so less carbs was good for us tonight.
This was very yummy and I’ll definitely be making it again!