Flavour explosion in this Syn Free Chicken, Feta and Roasted Beetroot Bake - a perfect easy dinner.
Roasted beetroots are one of my favourite speed foods. They are seriously delicious and go well with a variety of different sides.
When I was younger, the only way I ever had beetroot was either from a jar or in a salad from one of those little vacuum packs of cooked beetroot you can buy. Absolutely nothing wrong with either of those, but roasted beetroot is just on a whole other level of deliciousness.
I can't actually remember the first time I tried the combination of roasted beets and feta, but oh my, it's just something pretty amazing. A pure taste explosion in every mouthful.
Sometimes you also just need that little bit of protein, and chicken is just the perfect choice. Although I tend to choose chicken thighs over the breast, as they just stay much more tender and really take on the flavours of whatever you cook them with.
I love recipes like this Syn Free Chicken, Feta and Roasted Beetroot Bake that once all prepped is just added all to one tray and baked in the oven. Sometimes you just want a fuss-free dinner, and this is certainly one of them.
You could actually add some potatoes to the dish too, but I love this with quinoa, the nutty flavour of quinoa just compliments this Syn Free Chicken, Feta and Roasted Beetroot Bake really well. Quinoa is a good source or protein as well as having lots of other healthy vitamins and best of all it is SYN FREE, so if you are looking for something else to try and haven’t tried quinoa, add some to your shopping basket next time you are grocery shopping and give it a try along with this dish.
Want another amazing one dish recipe? Check out this below:
- Syn Free Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake
- Chicken and Asparagus Bake
- Chicken, Potato, Vegetable Tray Bake
- Mediterranean Layered Bake
- Low Syn Chicken, Leek and Butternut Squash Bake
- Smoked Mackerel Bake
- Leek and Potato Bake
- Cheesy Vegetable Bake
Don’t forget to check out the FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 700+ delicious Slimming World recipes.
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS Syn Free Chicken, Feta and Roasted Beetroot Bake
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Tray
- Frying Pan
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Syn Free Chicken, Feta and Roasted Beetroot Bake | Slimming World
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - ½ HEa per serving
- Original/SP - ½ HEa per serving
- WW Smart Points - 6
*if not using your HEa, this is 2.5 syns per serving
- 500g/17.5oz of chicken thigh (all visible fat removed), sliced into bitesize chunks
- 500g/17.5oz fresh beetroots
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of thyme
- mixed Italian herbs
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- 80g/2.8oz of Feta Cheese (2xHEa’s)
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Scrub beets until clean and then slice into quarters.
- Place in an oven proof dish, scatter with the onion and garlic and some fresh thyme and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Spray over the top with spray oil. Place in the oven and roast until a beetroot and onion is caramelised. (approx 35 mins)
- When beetroot is almost done. Season chicken with salt and black pepper and sprinkle with some mixed Italian herbs, spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some spray oil, add the chicken thighs and fry until lightly golden on each side.
- Scatter the chicken thigh meat into the dish with the beetroot and crumble your feta cheese over the top.
- Place back in the oven for approx 15 mins until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of sides. I served mine with quinoa.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 13.5 g
Saturated Fat 5.5 g
Cholesterol 96.6 mg
Sodium 702 mg
Total Carbohydrates 16.7 g
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 26.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.