When it's asparagus season, this is my favorite dish to make - Chicken and Asparagus Bake
Lemony tender chicken thighs in a sweet sauce with the lovely flavour of asparagus.
Best of all this dish is gluten and dairy free and also suitable for anyone who is on Whole30 or a Paleo diet.
A variety of different sides will compliment this dish, from rice, to potatoes or even pasta.
If you are looking for inspiration for sides, then check out my SIDE DISHES
I like to serve with crisp syn free roast potatoes, to mop up all the lovely flavour of the sauce.
Extra Easy - 0.5 syns per serving
Original/SP - 0.5 syns per serving (serve with SP friendly sides)
WW Smart Points - 2
- 6 skinless chicken thighs, sliced into smaller pieces
- 1 onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 400g/14oz of asparagus, chopped
- 1.25 cups (300ml) of hot chicken stock
- zest of a lemon
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder, tapioca starch or corn starch (1.5 syns)
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200c of 400f (gas mark 6)
- Spray a frying pan with olive oil spray frying the onions till softened
- Add the chicken thighs and garlic and continue to fry until lightly golden.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish along with the asparagus and mix
- Mix the arrowroot with a little cold water to make a paste and give it a stir, stir this into the hot chicken stock and pour over the chicken and asparagus.
- Add the zest of a lemon over the top.
- Transfer to oven and bake for approx 30 mins.
- Serve with your choice of sides
Extra Easy – 0.5 syns per serving
Original –0.5 syns per serving
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
I ask that you always credit by linking back to my original post and don't reproduce the recipe or content in full. If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot and/or post recipe or content in full.