Make this easy all on one sheet Syn Free Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake for dinner tonight - super easy and ready in 30 minutes.
I had these amazing Syn Free Scalloped Potatoes planned for dinner and wanted something super easy to serve to go alongside them. As the oven was already on, I figured a tray bake was the best option.
I already had some chicken thighs to be cooked and looking for some vegetables to go alongside it, remembered the fresh French Green Beans I had picked up from Costco. So it seemed like a perfect match. Along with some fresh garlic of course, because everything needs garlic. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE it? Most likely.
Let me just say, if you have only ever tried those little frozen cut green beans and hated them, you need to give fresh French Beans a try. They are on a whole other league, so much so, I often bake extra and eat them on there own in a bowl with some sea salt because they are so good.
Deciding on some seasoning to compliment the Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake - I mixed up some garlic, onion powder with some salt, pepper, paprika, dried parsley, basil and oregano and a little lemon zest and sprinkled it over all the chicken and green beans for an awesome flavour. Seriously it was soo good and the aroma that filled my kitchen as it baked was amazing. It was totally drool worthy.
Serve up this Garlic Chicken with French Bean Tray Bake with the syn free scalloped potatoes - totally a match made in heaven. My kids demolished the lot, including the green beans. Which is a first for them. You know how kids can be with anything green, right?
If you don't have time for making up the scalloped potatoes, this would go well with any side of choice really, intact you could even add some potatoes, sweet potato, or butternut squash to the tray for a complete tray bake meal, just be aware that with potatoes it might take slightly longer to cook, so I recommend parboiling potatoes first. It would also be delicious with some steamed white or brown rice.
I cooked this Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake on my Nordicware Baking Sheet. I love the nordicware cookware, it is much more heavy duty and is just really good quality. Cleans up super easy too.
Check out some of these other side dishes for inspiration
Looking for some more recipes to try? – Previously on Slimming Eats
- 1 year ago: Turkey Chilli Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
- 2 years ago: Marinara Sauce
- 3 years ago: Greek Style Quinoa Pots
- 4 years ago: Coconut Green Lentil Curry
- 5 years ago: Low Syn Sausage and Bean Pasta Bake
- 6 years ago: Sweet Potato, Broccoli and Cheddar Patties
- 7 years ago: Syn Free Cottage Pie
Syn Free Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - syn free per serving
- Original/SP - syn free per serving
- WW Smart Points - 4
- 8 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 500g of French Green beans
- ½ cup of chicken stock
For seasoning mix:
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of sea salt
- ¼ tsp of paprika
- ⅛ tsp of black pepper
- ⅛ tsp of dried basil
- ⅛ tsp of dried parsley
- ⅛ tsp of oregano
- zest of a lemon
- Olive oil spray oil
- Preheat oven to 220c/425f (gas mark 7)
- Mix ingredients for seasoning together in a bowl.
- Add green beans to baking tray and spread out evenly.
- Add the chicken thighs to the top - well spaced out.
- Then scatter the crushed garlic over the top.
- Pour in the stock.
- Sprinkle with the seasoning mix
- Spray over the top with olive oil
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins
- Serve with your choice of sides.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also double check syn values of sinned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7.3 g
Saturated Fat 1.7 g
Sodium 302 mg
Total Carbohydrates 32.4 g
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
Protein 41.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.