Make this easy all on one sheet Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake for dinner tonight - super easy and ready in 30 minutes.
I had these amazing Scalloped Potatoes planned for dinner and wanted something super easy to serve to go alongside them. As the oven was already on, I figured a tray bake was the best option.
I already had some chicken thighs to be cooked and looking for some vegetables to go alongside it, remembered the fresh French Green Beans I had picked up from Costco. So it seemed like a perfect match. Along with some fresh garlic of course, because everything needs garlic. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE it? Most likely.
Let me just say, if you have only ever tried those little frozen cut green beans and hated them, you need to give fresh French Beans a try. They are on a whole other league, so much so, I often bake extra and eat them on there own in a bowl with some sea salt because they are so good.
Deciding on some seasoning to compliment the Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake - I mixed up some garlic, onion powder with some salt, pepper, paprika, dried parsley, basil and oregano and a little lemon zest and sprinkled it over all the chicken and green beans for an awesome flavour. Seriously it was soo good and the aroma that filled my kitchen as it baked was amazing. It was totally drool worthy.
Serve up this Garlic Chicken with French Bean Tray Bake with the scalloped potatoes - totally a match made in heaven. My kids demolished the lot, including the green beans. Which is a first for them. You know how kids can be with anything green, right?
If you don't have time for making up the scalloped potatoes, this would go well with any side of choice really, intact you could even add some potatoes, sweet potato, or butternut squash to the tray for a complete tray bake meal, just be aware that with potatoes it might take slightly longer to cook, so I recommend parboiling potatoes first. It would also be delicious with some steamed white or brown rice.
I cooked this Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake on my Nordicware Baking Sheet. I love the nordicware cookware, it is much more heavy duty and is just really good quality. Cleans up super easy too.
Check out some of these other side dishes for inspiration
Looking for some more recipes to try? – Previously on Slimming Eats
- 1 year ago: Turkey Chilli Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
- 2 years ago: Marinara Sauce
- 3 years ago: Greek Style Quinoa Pots
- 4 years ago: Coconut Green Lentil Curry
- 5 years ago: Sausage and Bean Pasta Bake
- 6 years ago: Sweet Potato, Broccoli and Cheddar Patties
- 7 years ago: Cottage Pie
- 700g (24.5oz) of boneless and skinless chicken thighs, raw (approx 8 thighs)
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 500g (17.5oz) of French Green beans
- ½ cup (120ml) of chicken stock
For seasoning mix:
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of sweet paprika
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of dried basil
- pinch of dried parsley
- pinch of oregano
- zest of a lemon
- low calorie olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 220c/425f (gas mark 7)
- Mix ingredients for seasoning together in a bowl.
- Add green beans to baking tray and spread out evenly.
- Add the chicken thighs to the top - well spaced out.
- Then scatter the crushed garlic over the top.
- Pour in the stock.
- Sprinkle with the seasoning mix
- Spray over the top with olive oil
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins
- Serve with your choice of sides.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Salter Digital Kitchen Weighing Scales
TOMORAL Measuring Cups and Spoons
ZeZaZu Parchment Paper Sheets for Baking (100 Sheets), Precut 12 x 16 inches - Exact Fit for Half-Sheet Baking Pans, Unbleached, Dual-Sided Coating, Siliconized, Non-Stick, RECLOSABLE Pack
Baking Tray Set of 4, HaWare Stainless Steel Baking Sheet –Rimmed Pan Baking Sets -Healthy & Non Toxic, Easy Clean & Dishwasher Safe (Large Size)
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 250Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 35mgSodium 363mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 37g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.