Impress the whole family with this delicious dish of Sausage and Bean Pasta Bake
This dish is one of my kids absolutely favourites, it's everything that kids and adult will love, sausages, beans and pasta. All combined together for a filling meal.
The fat content will totally depend on what sausages you use, obviously the lower in fat the sausages, the low in fat per serving.
Even fussy kids will enjoy this, it is packed with vegetables, but I chop them super fine, so they really do not notice. So if you struggle with adding vegetables because of a dislike to most vegetables, give this dish a try.
Of course you can serve this Sausage and Bean Pasta Bake alongside some additional vegetables for extra speed (remember the more vegetables the better, as it is vegetables which boost your weight loss).
Use a gluten free pasta, like brown rice pasta, and you can make this dish gluten free and choosing a vegetarian sausage will make this vegetarian friendly.
This Sausage and Bean Pasta Bake makes 6 decent portions, so if you only have a family of 4 like me, it means you have 2 serving leftover for lunch the next day, or you could even tub it up and freeze.
- 250g/9oz of uncooked pasta of choice
- 6 low fat sausages - sliced up
- 1 onion, roughly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- 15 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 400g/14oz tin of mixed beans, drained
- 1.25 cups (300ml) of passata
- 2 cups (480ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- 150g (5.5oz) of mozzarella, roughly broken up
- 90g (3oz) of parmesan, grated
- spray oil
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place pasta in a saucepan of boiling hot water and cook until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Spray a large frying pan over a medium high heat with some spray oil and brown the sausages, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes to brown.
- Add the carrots, pepper and courgette, spray with a little more spray oil and cook for a further 5 mins
- Add the passata, tomatoes, tomato paste, stock and a splash of balsamic vinegar, bring to a boil and allow to simmer for approx 20 mins..
- Slice up the sausages and add to the pan along with the mixed beans. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix with the pasta and add to an oven proof dish, season with some salt and black pepper.
- Top with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 30-40 mins, until cheese is melted on top and is nice and golden.
- Serve and enjoy!!!
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 464Total Fat 14.2gSaturated Fat 7.2gCholesterol 83mgSodium 1347mgCarbohydrates 51.7gFiber 5.8gSugar 8.2gProtein 33.5g