Delicious Cheesy Leek and Potato Bake - easy to make and perfect to enjoy as a side dish or even a main course.
Cheesy Leek Potato Gratin
Who doesn't love a dish with potatoes and cheese? You won't ever see me raising my hand to that question.
Cheesy potato anything is just like the perfect combo. You could literally put it on the menu every single day and I don't think I would ever complain.
Add some leeks to the mix and well, that's heaven right there. Cheesy yummy Leek and Potato Bake - oh my!!
Best Potatoes for Gratin
I like to use Yukon Golds for this recipe, which are a semi waxy yellow flesh potato, they have a delicious almost buttery flavour.
But any potatoes will work well. I do recommend choosing a good quality variety for this.
Main Courses to Serve with Leek and Potato Bake
Here are some recipes I like to serve with this dish:
- Tender Slow Cooked Chicken (Crockpot)
- Seasoned Chicken with Rich Gravy
- Slow Cooker Cajun Apple Pork Tenderloin
- Rich Beef and Prune Stew (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker)
- Stove Top BBQ Pork
- Sweet and Sticky Chicken
- Smoked Paprika Chicken Casserole (Instant Pot, Slow Cooker or Stove Top)
or if you would like more recipe ideas - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes all with estimated calories and you can search by ingredients, course, diet and more.
Cheese Substitutes for Gratin
Feel free to use any cheese you like for the topping for this, so long as it melts well then it will work perfectly.
Don't like parmesan? Use cheddar, mozzarella, Gruyère whatever you fancy, just remember some cheeses are quite mild tasting, so may affect the overall flavour.
Optional Add-ins for Leek and Potato Gratin
There are various additions you can add into this to make it more meal like, bacon, ham, even some chicken, or try some other green veggies of choice, like cabbage.
Do you also love anything cheesy with potatoes? Check out some of these other recipes:
- Potato Gratin
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Layered Potato Casserole
- Cheese and Ham Stuffed Hash Brown Waffle
- Garlic Parmesan Fries
- Cheddar and Bacon Twice Baked Potatoes
- Mediterranean Layered Potato Bake
- Cheddar and Spring Onion Mash
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 2 large Leeks, trimmed sliced and washed
- 700g (24.5oz) of potatoes, sliced thinly
- 120ml (½ cup) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 60g (2oz) of parmesan cheese, grated
- 50g (1.7oz) of mozzarella cheese, grated
- cooking oil spray
- Salt and Black Pepper
- fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 200c of 400f (gas mark 6)
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some cooking oil spray, add the leeks and garlic and fry until softened. Season with salt and black pepper
- Add half the leek mixture to the oven proof dish, then add half the potatoes in a layer. Sprinkle with 30g of parmesan cheese.
- Add the other half of the leeks, then a final layer of potatoes.
- Pour over the chicken or vegetable stock
- Top with the mozzarella cheese and other 30g of parmesan cheese and bake in the oven until the top is golden and the potatoes are cooked through. (Approx 40-45 mins)
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and black pepper
- Serve and enjoy!!
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 370Total Fat 10.5gSaturated Fat 6.4gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 36mgSodium 544mgCarbohydrates 47.3gFiber 8.1gSugar 4.5gProtein 17.5g
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.