- 450g (1lb) of raw white fish (skin and bones removed), cut into bite size pieces
- 800g (28oz) of white potatoes (or you can use a mixture of white and sweet, or carrot for variation)
- chicken stock
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- small pinch of nutmeg
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 120g (4oz) light cream cheese
- 1 cup (240ml) of 2% milk
- 1 cup (240ml) of fish stock
- 1 tablespoon of salted butter (this gives a lovely buttery flavour, but you can omit if you prefer)
- ½ cup (85g) of frozen peas
- ½ cup (85g) of frozen sweetcorn
- 2 large eggs
- 60g (2oz) cheddar cheese
- salt and black pepper
- low calorie spray
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, just cover with some chicken stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until they easily fall apart with a fork.
- Drain stock and mash until smooth, stir in the two eggs.
- Spray a pan with some low calorie spray, add the onion and gently fry to soften.
- Add the butter, cream cheese, milk, fish stock, nutmeg and parsley and whisk until you have a smooth sauce.
- Season with salt and black pepper as needed.
- Add the white fish, and continue to simmer, just until fish starts to go white (no longer translucent)
- Remove from heat and add to an oven proof dish
- Add the peas and sweetcorn
- Top with the potatoes and gently spread across evenly with the back of a fork.
- Top with the cheddar and bake in the oven for approx. 40 mins, until cheese on top is melted and lightly golden.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 464Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 124mgSodium 499mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 7gSugar 6gProtein 37g
Nutritional information and values etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION