Spicy Shrimp Pasta - simple ingredients and ready is less than 30 mins
I love pasta and I love simple and fresh ingredients and this recipe is all of those things.
It combines fresh shrimp (prawns) with fresh tomatoes, garlic and basil, adding a teeny bit of heat from some tabasco sauce, mixed with some cooked pasta of your choice it is simply divine.
For peeling the fresh tomatoes in this Spicy Shrimp Pasta. I use a really handy Tomato Peeler like this one below, It saves having to score and blanche the tomatoes, as the peeler will remove the skin in seconds. It is slightly different to a potato peeler, as it has a serrated blade which grips the skin and takes it off effortlessly. It's also handy for peeling things like kiwi fruit etc.
Serve the Spicy Shrimp Pasta with a side salad to increase those speed foods, or increase the added zucchini. It would also be delicious with some spinach stirred through.
If you have a Healthy extra spare then a little grating of cheese to the top of this Spicy Shrimp Past just gives it that little bit extra. It can also be made gluten free by choosing a gluten free pasta of your choice. I like to use brown rice pasta as it is the closest in taste and texture to regular pasta.
Extra Easy - syn free per serving
WW Smart Points - 9
Dairy Free - omit the optional cheese
- 150g/5.5oz of raw peeled shrimp (prawns)
- 150g/5.5oz of spaghetti (can use a gluten free variety)
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- handful of basil, chopped
- 1 large zucchini (courgette) chopped
- ½ cup/120ml of chicken or vegetable stock
- few drops of tabasco sauce - to taste
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- Optional: cheese from your HEa serving
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil
- Add the onion and fry till lightly golden and softened
- Add the garlic and fry for a further few minutes just to infuse the flavour
- Place pasta in a saucepan of boiling hot water and cook till al dente, drain and set aside reserving a ladle of the pasta water.
- Add the fresh chopped tomatoes to the onion and garlic and cook till they just start to break down and become more sauce like.
- Add the shrimp, zucchini, stock and some tabasco sauce (amount depending on the spice level you prefer)
- Simmer for approx 8 minutes until shrimp is cooked through and sauce has reduced down.
- Stir in the pasta, along with the fresh basil and a ladle of reserved pasta water and stir through.
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Add optional grated cheese to top if using
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.