Crispy Golden Syn Free Crushed Roast Potatoes - the ultimate side to any meal and totally addictive!!
Roast potatoes of any kind are just delicious, right? That crispy golden on the outside deliciousness while fluffy and melt in the mouth goodness on the inside and these Crushed Roast Potatoes do not disappoint in any way.
Baby Yukon Golden or Baby Yellow Potatoes are my absolute favourite variety for these Crushed Roast Potatoes. They are a kind of waxy variety of potato that has an amazing natural buttery taste to them, Which means you really don't have to add much to them to make them delicious.
But some of my other favourite recipes to serve these with are:
- LOW SYN PAPRIKA BEEF (SLOW COOKER AND INSTANT POT)
- BALSAMIC BRAISED BEEF (STOVE TOP, SLOW COOKER AND INSTANT POT)
- HEALTHIER SLOW COOKER CRACK CHICKEN
- LOW SYN BRAISED BEEF
- SYN FREE SALISBURY STEAK WITH GRAVY
- SYN FREE ONE POT CAMPFIRE STEW | SLIMMING WORLD
- LOW SYN SLOW COOKER GUINNESS BEEF BRISKET | SLIMMING WORLD
- LOW SYN STOVE TOP BBQ CHICKEN | SLIMMING WORLD
- SYN FREE BEEF AND VEGETABLE CASSEROLE (OVEN, SLOW COOKER, INSTANT POT)
- LOW SYN ONE POT SAUSAGE AND LENTIL CASSEROLE
- STEAK WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM PEPPERCORN SAUCE
- ROSEMARY LAMB LOIN CHOPS WITH MINT GRAVY
- LOW SYN MUSTARD BEEF WITH MUSHROOMS
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 850 Delicious Slimming World Recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value etc.
Three ingredients are all that is needed for this Crushed Roast Potatoes and of course Potatoes are the main one, along with just a good pinch of sea salt and some cooking oil spray.
For cooking oil sprays I like to use one that has no emulsifiers and where the only ingredients are oil, there are a few brands that are syn free in US/Canada, but of go for which ever one you prefer.
How can I add a ⅓ speed foods to these Crushed Roast Potatoes?
Well, that's pretty easy, as there really isn't any vegetable that won't go well with these, even salad pairs beautifully. So go for whatever you fancy or have in, or if you need some help decided - check out some of these Side Dishes and pick one that is majority vegetables.
Kitchen Items used for these Crushed Roast Potatoes:
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 680g of baby potatoes in skins preferably Yukon of Yellow varieties)
- pinch of sea salt
- cooking oil spray
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place potatoes a saucepan of water, bring to the boil and then simmer until just fork soft (not too soft that they are falling apart) - about 12-15 minutes usually
- Drain the water from the saucepan and pat the potatoes dry.
- Line a baking tray with some parchment paper.
- Place the potatoes on the tray and roughly squash down with a masher or use a fork.
- Spray over the top with cooking oil spray and season with some salt and black pepper.
- Roast in the oven until golden (approx 40 mins), flip over half way through cooking and spray with a little more cooking spray.
- For extra flavour, these also work well with a variety of herbs, seasoning. Check out my perfect oven fries recipe for some seasoning mix ideas.
- Sprinkle with some fresh chopped parsley to garnish.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, vegan, Whole30, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly.
- Extra Easy - Syn Free per serving
- Green/Vegan - Syn Free per serving
- WW Smart Points - 5 per serving
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 158Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 599mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 4g
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.