Stop and look for one second at this delicious Steak with Creamy Mushroom Peppercorn Sauce - yum!
Sometimes steak just isn't complete without a creamy peppercorn sauce and this one is low calorie and tastes amazing.
How do you like your steak? Years ago I probably wouldn't of eaten steak unless it was well done and charred, now however, I always order mine medium. When cooking a steak at home, it has to be my cast iron pan, you get a lovely sear like you just will not get with any other pan. I have one like this:
All steak really needs is good seasoning and it will taste amazing, but when I want a sauce, this is my go to and if you ever need a good excuse to make this sauce, mushrooms are a great food, so you are adding some vegetable to your plate with this. You can choose any type of mushrooms you like, but I always choose cremini for this dish. They have a dark colour to regular mushroom and a slightly richer flavour.
I like to serve this Steak with Creamy Mushroom Peppercorn Sauce with fries and some green veg of choice, sauteed shredded brussel sprouts are a great one when in season. This would also be great with any potato side - regular or sweet potato
- 2 Steaks (trimmed of visible fat) - approx 6oz/170g
- 200g of mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons of low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup/240ml of beef stock
- grinded black peppercorns
- fresh parsley
- spray oil
- Heat a cast iron pan or skillet or a medium high heat, spray with spray oil. Season steaks well with salt and black pepper and add to the hot pan and fry to your liking. (If you prefer you can cook this on a grill pan)
- While steaks are cooking you can make up the sauce
- Spray a frying pan with spray oil over a medium heat, add the mushrooms and the crushed garlic and fry until lightly golden.
- Season well with some grinded black peppercorns (from a pepper mill)
- Stir in the cream cheese and the stock and whisk till smooth. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until sauce thickens. If sauce reduces too much just add a little more stock.
- Sprinkle with some fresh parsley and serve the sauce over the steaks with your choice of sides
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 394Total Fat 11.4gSaturated Fat 4.9gCholesterol 108mgSodium 536.5mgCarbohydrates 8.1gFiber 1.6gSugar 4.4gProtein 61.6g