Simple Ginger and Garlic Marinated Steak with a Soy Glaze - a perfectly delicious and Quick Syn Free Dinner.
Steak is always a win-win kind of meal, you can add the basic of seasonings, combine it with some veg and maybe a starch and you have a delicious meal on the table.
In this Ginger and Garlic Marinated Steak, we simply just marinate the steaks in soy sauce, fresh ginger and garlic - that's it, nothing complicated and no hard to find ingredients, but amazing delicious flavours.
You can use any type of steak for this, but I prefer to go for a thin sliced Ribeye Steak. Removing the visible fat, it's a perfect cut and great for this Asian inspired dish. The beauty of a thinner cut steak is that it literally cooks within a couple of minutes, so is perfect when you have just come in from work, are tired, hungry and want dinner made quickly.
It would pair well with various sides like Syn Free Chips, if you are an I can't live without my chips kind of person, or even better with noodles or rice. You could even go that one step further with some Egg Fried Rice.
Want to combine this Ginger and Garlic Marinated Steak with some other Chinese Fakeaway Dishes? Check out these recipes:
- Actifry Sweet and Sour Chicken Bites
- Syn Free Sweet and Sour Shrimp
- Chicken Chop Suey
- Syn Free Chinese Chicken Curry
- Low Syn Chinese Salt and Pepper Chicken
- Low Syn Beef with Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce
- Chinese Lemon Chicken
- Low Syn Beef Chow Mein
- Low Syn Sweet Chilli Beef
- Low Syn Chinese Pork
with many more to be found in my FULL RECIPE INDEX of over 700+ delicious Slimming World Recipes
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ SPEED FOODS TO THIS GINGER AND GARLIC MARINATED STEAK?
I served with some stir fried shredded kale and broccoli stalks, which is a handy bagged mix I add to my shopping cart pretty much weekly. As it's perfect for when I need some quick speed foods on my plate, but this would pair well with any stir-fried vegetables of choice. Stir-fried Carrots and sugar snap peas or mange tout, is another great option.
What Kitchen Items do I need to Make This Ginger and Garlic Marinated Steak?
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 280g/9.5oz of thin-sliced steak (visible fat trimmed)
- 1 clove or garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of freshly grated ginger
- 1.5 tbs of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- cooking oil spray of choice
- Add the thinly sliced steak to a dish.
- In a bowl combine the soy sauce, garlic and ginger.
- Pour over the steaks and toss to fully coat and infuse the flavour.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat and spray with cooking oil spray.
- Once the frying pan is hot add the steaks and sear for about 1.5 - 2 minutes each side until browned.
- Sprinkle with chopped spring onion.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 244Total Fat 7.4gSaturated Fat 2.9gCholesterol 74mgSodium 513mgCarbohydrates 1.4gFiber 0.1gProtein 39.9g