Create a delicious fakeaway meal in your own home with this amazing low syn Chinese Pork.
I have been making this Chinese Pork for years. I love the flavour of Hoisin sauce and with the other ingredients it adds a delicious taste to the dish.
One of my go to dishes when I fancy takeout but do not want to use up lots of syns.
I do recommend marinating the pork overnight. If you can't marinade overnight, it needs a least a 4 hours for the flavour of the sauce to really be absorbed into the pork.
For the sauce to get that glaze, I have use both honey or brown sugar in the past for this dish and both work fine, you want the sauce to become syrupy towards the end of cooking time so that it glazes the pork beautifully.
As for sides it is entirely up to you. I tend to pair it with my egg fried rice (which can be made SP friendly by using cauliflower instead of rice) and some sautéed mushrooms, onion and julienned carrot.
Once you serve up this Chinese Pork meal, Your whole family will never want take out again.
- 4 small pork loins (approx 500g/17.5oz), all visible fat removed
- 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce (3 syns)
- 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon of Chinese five spice
- 2 tsp of honey or brown sugar (2 syns)
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- optional: sliced spring onion
- spray oil
- In a small bowl mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, five spice and honey
- Add the pork loins to a shallow dish, pour over the marinade and refrigerate for approx 4 hours (overnight if possible)
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f
- Season the pork with pepper and spray over the top with a little spray oil, bake the pork loins in the oven for approx 25-30 mins turning a couple of times through cooking and basting with the sauce until the pork is cooked through and they are nice and caramelized from the sauce.
- Slice and serve with your choice of sides.
- Optional: sprinkle with chopped spring onions.
- I like to serve with my egg fried rice and some stir fried vegetables
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 2.5 syns per serving
- Original/SP - 2.5 syns per serving (serve with an SP friendly side)
- WW smart points - 7 per serving
- Gluten Free - use a gluten free soy sauce and Hoisin sauce
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 377Total Fat 9.5gSaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 161mgSodium 2047mgCarbohydrates 16.3gFiber 1gSugar 7.4gProtein 55.2g