Create a delicious fakeaway meal in your own home with this amazing Chinese Pork. Great served with egg fried rice and stir fried vegetables.
I have been making this Chinese Pork for years. I love the flavour of Hoisin sauce and with the other ingredients it adds a delicious taste to the dish.
One of my go to dishes when I fancy takeout but do not want to use up lots of calories.
I do recommend marinating the pork overnight. If you can't marinade overnight, it needs a least a 4 hours for the flavour of the sauce to really be absorbed into the pork.
For the sauce to get that glaze, I have use both honey or brown sugar in the past for this dish and both work fine, you want the sauce to become syrupy towards the end of cooking time so that it glazes the pork beautifully.
As for sides it is entirely up to you. I tend to pair it with my egg fried rice (which can and some sautéed mushrooms, onion and julienned carrot or when I want a lower carb side to reduce the calories in the meal I will opt for this egg fried cauliflower rice instead.
Once you serve up this Chinese Pork meal, Your whole family will never want take out again.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your
Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 4 small boneless pork loin chops (approx 500g/17.5oz), all visible fat removed
- 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon of Chinese five spice
- 2 teaspoon of honey or brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- optional: sliced spring onion
- spray oil
- In a small bowl mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, five spice and honey
- Add the pork loins to a shallow dish, pour over the marinade and refrigerate for approx 4 hours (overnight if possible)
- Preheat oven to 180c fan, 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Season the pork with pepper and spray over the top with a little spray oil, bake the pork loins in the oven for approx 25-30 mins turning a couple of times through cooking and basting with the sauce until the pork is cooked through and they are nice and caramelized from the sauce.
- Slice and serve with your choice of sides.
- Optional: sprinkle with chopped spring onions.
- I like to serve with my egg fried rice and some stir fried vegetables
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- WW Points - 7 per serving
- Dairy Free Friendly
- Gluten Free - use a gluten free soy sauce and Hoisin sauce
- SUITABLE FOR FREEZING ❄️
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 377Total Fat 9.5gSaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 161mgSodium 2047mgCarbohydrates 16.3gFiber 1gSugar 7.4gProtein 55.2g