Chicken Meatballs in Hoisin Sauce - juicy chicken meatballs that take in all the delicious flavour of Hoisin Sauce.
This is definitely a dish for the whole family, kids will love these meatballs and the adults too and best of all they are only 1 syn per serving.
The meatballs are so simple to make too - just ground chicken and seasoning is all that's needed, as the sauce itself is packed with flavour, so once you coat those meatballs in the sauce, you really do not need anything else.
As for sides, these Chicken Meatballs in Hoisin Sauce would go well with anything - syn free chips, noodles or my favorite stir fried veggies for some speed foods and steamed white rice. Delicious!!
You just know you want to make these delicious Chicken Meatballs in Hoisin Sauce, right?
These would also make a great appetizers for a party of buffet. Just place each meatballs in sauce on a cocktail stick and sprinkle with a few sesame seeds - yummy!
for the meatballs:
- 500g (17.5oz) extra lean ground chicken
- salt and black pepper
for the barbecue sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce (3.5 syns)
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons of water
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of Chinese five spice
- To Serve:
- Some finely chopped spring onions
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f
- Add all the ingredients for the meatballs to a large bowl and bind together, form into balls..
- Place meatballs in a oven proof dish and bake for 15 mins, till lightly golden.
- Add the ingredients for the sauce to a saucepan and heat until it thickens.
- Pour marinade over the meatballs.
- Place back in the oven for another 15 mins, basting once with the sauce.
- Serve topped with spring onion and your choice of sides
This recipe is dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 syn per serving
- Original/SP - 1 syn per serving
- WW Smart Points - 3
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 172Cholesterol 98.7mgSodium 944.9mgCarbohydrates 5.8gFiber 0.6gSugar 1.4gProtein 25.4g