Imagine the tantalizing aroma of tender seasoned steak bites in a luscious garlic butter sauce, all prepared to perfection. Now, picture this mouthwatering delight ready in just minutes in your air fryer.
If you're a fan of quick, easy, and irresistibly delicious dishes, you're in for a treat! Get ready to elevate your weeknight dinners and impress your taste buds.
- Calories in Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Ingredients in Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Importance of Preheating your Air Fryer
- Cooking Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Sides for Air Fryer Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- More Low Calorie Air Fryer Recipes
- Slimming Eats Made in the Air Fryer Cookbook
- Air Fryer Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Calories in Garlic Butter Steak Bites
These delicious Air Fryer Garlic Butter Steak Bites serves four people and has 293 calories per serving (no sides).
If you're looking for more recipes within the same calorie range, you'll find an abundance of options in my dedicated collection of 200+ calorie recipes.
If you're following a calorie-controlled diet or a healthy eating plan, it's important to calculate your daily calorie intake using a reliable calorie calculator. Please note that the calorie counts provided are estimates and can vary based on specific ingredients and serving sizes. Personalizing your calculations is essential to meet your individual needs. By using a calorie calculator, you can make informed choices and stay on track with your dietary goals.
Ingredients in Garlic Butter Steak Bites
To prepare these yummy garlic butter steak bites, here are some notes on the ingredients used:
- Steak Choice: I prefer using sirloin steak, making sure to trim any visible fat before slicing it into bite-sized pieces. Feel free to choose any steak cut you prefer, but it should be suitable for quick cooking. Avoid using stewing steak, as it requires slow, long cooking.
- Seasonings: For added flavour, I use paprika, onion powder, and a pinch of red chili flakes. If you don't like spicy heat, you can omit the chili flakes.
- Low-Calorie Spray: Use a non-emulsifier-based low-calorie cooking spray to avoid any sticky residue. Emulsifiers can react with non-stick cookware.
- Garlic: I opt for jarred minced garlic (or lazy garlic) for convenience.
- Butter: I recommend using salted butter for extra flavour. Avoid margarine or low-fat spreads as they won't provide the same richness. (The clue is in the name of the recipe after all).
- Parsley: Fresh chopped parsley works best in this recipe, but you can use dried if it's all you have. Just use less, as dried herbs can be more potent and bitter if used excessively.
- Salt and Pepper: These essential flavour enhancers play a crucial role in elevating the taste of your dishes. We use them to season the steak bites and recommend using them to season the final dish to taste as well. They ensure your food is never bland when used appropriately.
Once you've gathered all the ingredients and prepared them accordingly, you're all set to create this easy and delightful recipe.
See the recipe card for specific quantities and instructions.
Importance of Preheating your Air Fryer
For certain recipes, like cooking steak in your air fryer, preheating is a crucial step to achieve the perfect sear without overcooking.
Think of it as similar to never adding steak to a cold pan on the stovetop.
To get your air fryer hot and ready, simply preheat it. If your air fryer doesn't have a specific preheat button, you can achieve the same effect by setting it to air fry at the desired temperature for the recommended preheating time without any food inside.
Cooking Garlic Butter Steak Bites
This recipe is incredibly simple and fast. First, we cook the seasoned steak on the grill pan to achieve the perfect sear and color.
Next, we remove the grill pan, making sure to reserve any juices in the basket. Then, we add the steak bites directly into the basket, along with the garlic butter mixture, and cook for an additional couple of minutes to infuse all those delicious flavors.
Sides for Air Fryer Garlic Butter Steak Bites
This delicious garlic butter steak bites pair perfectly with a variety of different sides. Here are some of my favourites:
- Baked Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes
- Rustic Garlic and Parmesan Mashed Potatoes(might be a bit of garlic overload for some, but we love it)
- Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- Crushed Potatoes
- Spring Onion and Soured Cream Cauliflower Mash - great for a lower carb side.
- Sweet Potato Mash
- CHICKPEA VEGETABLE RICE PILAF
- Lime and Coriander Rice
and then your favourite choice of veggies, like:
- Roasted Asparagus: Toss fresh asparagus spears with low calorie olive oil spray, salt, and pepper, then roast them in the oven until they're tender and slightly crispy.
- Sauteed Mushrooms: Sauté mushrooms in low calorie spray until they're tender and flavourful. A perfect complement to garlic steak.
- Grilled Courgette (Zucchini): Slice zucchini into rounds or spears, spray with olive oil spray, and grill them on a grill pan until they are cooked through.
- Steamed Broccoli: Steam broccoli florets until they are bright green and slightly tender. Season perfectly with salt and black pepper
- Roasted Bell Peppers and Onions: Coat bell peppers and onions with a low-calorie olive oil spray and roast them in the oven until they become charred and tender.
- Sauteed Spinach: Quickly sauté fresh spinach with olive oil spray until it wilts. It's a simple and nutritious side. Some light cream cheese stirred through also create a delicious cream version.
More Low Calorie Air Fryer Recipes
Are you in search of more low calorie Air Fryer recipes? Look no further! Here are some great choices below:
- Air Fryer Honey Harissa Salmon
- Air Fryer Orange Dijon Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Air Fryer Honey BBQ Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Quick Sriracha Chicken
- Air Fryer Meatzza
or if you would like more recipe ideas or sides to make with this recipe - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes with calories and you can search by meal type, ingredients, course, diet and more.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
Slimming Eats Made in the Air Fryer Cookbook
Looking for some more air fryer recipes? My new cookbook with 80+ Brand New and Delicious Recipes is out now and can be purchased from all UK major retailers including Amazon (will be released January 2024 in North America including Canada and Australia).
This is the ONLY air fryer cookbook you need in your life. Let me show you all the Amazing meals you can make in your air fryer.
- 650g (22.9oz) of sirloin (or your steak of choice) trimmed of visible fat and cubed
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- pinch of red chilli flakes (optional)
- low calorie spray
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic (or lazy garlic)
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter, melted
- 1.5 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped (and additional to garnish)
- Season the Steak: Place the steak pieces in a bowl and add the paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, and a pinch of red chili flakes. Toss the steak until it's evenly coated with the seasonings.
- Apply Low-Calorie Spray: Spray the seasoned steak pieces with a low-calorie cooking spray and toss them again to ensure an even coating.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 200°C (400°F) for 5 minutes.
- Air Fry the Steak: Arrange the seasoned steak pieces on the grill plate in the air fryer. Air fry them for 6 minutes, turning the pieces halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove and Save Juices: Take the cooked steak pieces out of the air fryer and remove the grill plate, but leave the juices in the bottom of the basket as they will become the sauce.
- Flavour Infusion: Put the cooked steak bites back into the air fryer along with the minced garlic, butter, and parsley. Toss to coat the steak bites in the flavor mixture and air fry for an additional 1-2 minutes, allowing the steak bites to absorb the flavors.
- Final Touch: Sprinkle a little more fresh parsley over the dish and season with additional salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve and Enjoy! Your delicious steak bites are now ready to be served with your favourite sides and enjoyed.
Please see below for details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box.
- Slimming, Diet or Weight Loss programs:: due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values
- Gluten Free Friendly
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 293Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 109mgSodium 528mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 36g
Nutritional information and values etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.