Syn Free Lime and Coriander Rice - a perfect side to compliment a variety of dishes
I love rice, it's one of my favourite side dishes, and is great alongside curries and casseroles to soak up all the yummy sauce.
Sometimes though when you fancy a little bit more than just some plain steamed rice, it is super easy to vary it up by cooking in some stock and adding vegetables or herbs etc for a bit more flavour.
One of my favourite combinations for rice is lime and coriander (cilantro), it adds a lovely delicate fragrance. It doesn't take long to make either.
For this Lime and Coriander Rice - I just cook the rice in chicken or vegetable stock, and then once cooked spray through a little spray oil, just to lightly coat the rice so it doesn't all stick together and then stir through the juice and zest of a lime and some fresh coriander (cilantro).
I regularly make this Lime and Coriander Rice for lunches when I fancy something starchy alongside salads and quiches.
It is also great served with chicken dishes such as this Grilled Chicken Breast Stuffed with Mozzarella or Black Pepper Chicken with Roasted Vegetables. As well as chicken it would accompany many fishes dishes or other meats of choice.
Why not give this Lime and Coriander Rice a try next time you are looking for something a little different to serve alongside your main dish. Kids will love the zesty flavour too, in fact my kids love this rice and would happily eat it alone in a bowl. It is also gluten, dairy free and perfect for vegetarians if you use vegetable stock to cook the rice in.
Looking for some more side dishes to try?
- Edamame and Vegetable Pilaf
- Red Pepper and Coriander Rice
- Sweetcorn Pilau Rice
- Egg Fried Rice
- Roasted Cauliflower Rice
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Rice
- Zucchini and Rice Pilau
with many more recipes in my full: Recipe Index
Syn Free Lime and Coriander Rice
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - syn free per serving
- Green/Vegetarian - syn free per serving
- WW Smart Points - 4
- 1 cup of basmati rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 handfuls of freshly chopped Coriander
- juice and zest of half a fresh lime
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- Add the rice and stock to a deep frying pan, bring to a boil and simmer until stock is almost absorbed.
- Add lid turn off heat and leave for 10 minutes for steam to continue to cook rice until fluffy
- Spray with some spray oil, just to separate any grains of rice clumped together.
- Stir in the zest and juice of half a lime and the fresh coriander.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- A great side to many dishes
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also double check syn values of sinned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Sodium 35.3 mg
Total Carbohydrates 33.5 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.