Quick Sriracha Chicken - a perfect meal for those who like the heat and on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Sriracha is one of those ingredients you either love or hate and if you are not a lover of spicy food you are really not going to like Sriracha. Sriracha is basically a hot red chilli sauce and it packs a nice punch of heat.
Here on this side of the Atlantic, we are pretty obsessed with it. Sriracha is used almost as commonly used as ketchup.
I've been known to drizzle Sriracha over some perfectly cooked eggs in the morning, be them fried or scrambled, it's really delicious and one to try if you haven't already.
Today was a hectic day, my daughter had a play date which involved lots of crafting, cupcake making, sprinkles all over the kitchen floor, and dancing and singing along with Just Dance.
Yes, that was mummy included. Think of the body magic.
By the time the play date was over and I got the kitchen cleared, it was time for a well-deserved cuppa while I put my feet up and then before I knew it dinner time was fast approaching and my plans for making Paprika Chicken with Roasted Butternut Squash and Linguine, went out the window.
Instead, I figured a super quick wok type dish would be perfect. So, put some jasmine rice on to cook and grabbed the bag of stir fry mix from the fridge for some speed food to add to the side.
Next was deciding what sauce to go with the protein. That was when I spotted the Sriracha while rooting in my pantry cupboard for inspiration.
Usually, just a teeny drizzle of Sriracha packs enough heat for me, so for a sauce, I wanted to mellow it down ever so slightly. A little soy sauce, honey and water were perfect.
A good non-stick wok or frying pan is a must for this kind of dish, one like this Master Class Professional Non-Stick Carbon Steel Wok.
It was super quick to make and all on the table and in less than 20 minutes. Who doesn't love a super quick meal like that?
If you love super quick dishes like this Sriracha Chicken, check out these other recipes that are all ready in less than 30 minutes:
- Quick Hoisin Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry
- Honey Garlic Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Low Syn Meatzza
- Apricot Chicken Meatballs
- Syn Free One Pot Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
- Syn Free One Pot Speed Pasta
- Syn Free One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta
- Syn Free One Pot Creamy Zucchini Pasta
- Syn Free Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
- Syn Free Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake
- Beef Teriyaki
- Low Syn Creamy Chicken and Tomatoes
- Tomato and Mozzarella Hasselback Chicken
- Low Syn Coconut Chicken Curry Rice
- Low Syn Fajita Chicken Pasta
and don’t forget my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 500+ delicious healthy Slimming World recipes.
If making this Sriracha Chicken on an SP or Original day, try serving with some of this delicious Roasted Cauliflower Rice or a similar speed food side like some spiralized vegetables in place of some noodles. I like to spiralize vegetables with my handy table top vegetable spiralizer like this tri blade one below:
A couple of my favourite vegetables to spiralize for replacing noodles in a dish like this is rutabaga (swede) or butternut squash. Once spiralized, you only need to saute in a pan for a few minutes with some seasonings of choice (salt and black pepper are a must) and a little spray oil.
Push every taste bud to the limit and give this Sriracha Chicken a try for dinner tonight.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Quick Sriracha Chicken
- Kitchen Scales
- Non Stick Wok
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- 4 chicken thighs (320g) , sliced into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp of grated ginger
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbs of sriracha
- 1 tbs of honey
- 2 tbs of soy sauce
- 2 tbs of water
- chopped cilantro (coriander) or spring onions to serve
- spray oil
- Spray a frying pan or wok over a medium high heat with spray oil
- Add the chicken, garlic and ginger and fry till golden.
- Season with a little black pepper.
- Remove from pan.
- Whisk the Sriracha, honey, soy sauce and water together.
- Add to the wok and simmer until it bubbles and starts to reduce down and thicken.
- Add back in the chicken and continue to simmer until it coats the chicken in sauce and the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with cilantro or spring onion and serve with your choice of sides.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also double check syn values of sinned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 246Total Fat 6.4gSaturated Fat 1.6gSodium 1193mgCarbohydrates 12.2gFiber 0.2gSugar 10.2gProtein 33.3g