Stuck for ideas for dinner? Impress the family with the One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta
Gotta love one pot dishes, right? Delicious meals do not need to use lots of pots and pans. I love cooking, but I hate the cleaning up afterwards, so that's were dishes like this one are perfect.
I've been meaning to make my yummy Chicken Fajita Pasta again, as it has been a long time since I made it, but then realized I hadn't take the chicken out of the freezer. I did have some beef strips that needed to be used, so you know me, I decided on a new take on the recipe, with a One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta.
This is everything you love about fajitas, lovely sweet peppers and onions, with strips of beef and a yummy spicy seasoning. Instead of serving with warmed tortillas. This dish is mixed with a pasta and a lovely silky sauce. Actually the sauce is pretty amazing.
Infact it was so good, we didn't miss the tortillas at all, which in turn means this yummy One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta is SYN FREE. Yet another reason to enjoy this dish.
You can also vary this up by swapping the beef for pork or chicken.
It does have a slight kick from the cayenne pepper, but the kids loved it. They will tolerate a little heat, so long as it isn't too spicy. I also add as little bit of Sukrin Gold ( a natural brown sugar sweetener with no aftertaste). It add's a little bit of sweetness to the heat of the cayenne which is perfect.
To keep this syn free, I use a little bit of quark along with the cheddar from healthy extra A allowance for that creaminess, but if you really do not like quark, you can substitute with a little cream cheese and syn it.
I then served with some chopped cilantro (coriander) and additional grated cheddar for sprinkling on top. You can also add a mixed salad for some additional speed foods.
Love this One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta? and want some other one pot recipes? Then check out these:
- One Pot Shrimp Pasta
- One Pot Creamy Zucchini Pasta
- Instant Pot Bombay Lamb Curry
- Chana Masala
- Spicy Prawn and Vegetable Risotto
- Beef and Six Bean Chilli
- Mushroom Risotto
With many more delicious recipes to be found in my full Recipe Index
One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta, all served up - yum!!
- 400g (14oz) or lean beef strips, uncooked
- 250g (9oz) of uncooked Penne pasta (or other pasta of choice)
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice of half a lime
- 2 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ½ tablespoon of granulated sweetener
- 3 cups (720ml) of chicken or vegetable stock - use 1 additional cup (240ml) of stock if needed to cook pasta
- 3 tablespoons of light cream cheese (I use philadelphia)
- 60g of cheddar, freshly grated
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- fresh chopped cilantro (coriander)
- Spray a deep pan over a medium high heat with spray oil
- Add the beef and brown until golden, remove and set aside
- Add the onion and a little bit of stock and fry till softened.
- Add the peppers and garlic
- Add in the lime juice, tomato paste, cumin, paprika, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, granulated sweetener and cayenne and mix to coat.
- Stir in the pasta and stock
- Bring to a boil and then simmer uncovered until the sauce starts to reduce down and cook the pasta (Approx 10-12 mins)
- When the pasta is almost cooked add back in the beef.
- Stir in the light cream cheese and cheddar , stirring until the cheese melts and the sauce becomes lovely and silky and coats the pasta. Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Serve immediately, topping each serving with a little chopped cilantro (coriander)
Please see below for details about recipe:
- WW Personal Points: add ingredients to your WW diary for points value - as this may vary depending on your personal points zero foods)
- Vegetarian Friendly - use meat alternative strips
- Gluten Free Friendly - use gluten free stock and pasta
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Santoku Knife-MAD SHARK Pro Kitchen Knife 7 Inch Santoku Knife,Best Quality German High Carbon Stainless Steel Knife with Ergonomic Handle,Ultra Sharp,Best Choice for Home Kitchen and Restaurant
Salter Digital Kitchen Weighing Scales
13 Piece Measuring Cups and Measuring Spoons Set
All-Clad Essentials Nonstick Skillet set, 4-Piece, Grey
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 532Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 101mgSodium 641mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 5gSugar 16gProtein 33g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.