An easy, delicious Syn Free One Pot Creamy Zucchini Pasta that the whole family will love.
One thing I have been enjoying lately is one pot pasta dishes. As much as I LOVE to cook, I really dislike washing up, so the less dishes I have at the end of a meal the better.
That's where one pot dishes like this Syn Free One Pot Creamy Zucchini Pasta come to the rescue. All cooked in one pan, makes it so easy to make and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Who doesn't love quick tasty meals like that?
Cooking this dish all in one pot, does something amazing to the sauce too, without the need for high synned ingredients. The starch that is released from the pasta, helps to thicken the sauce and coat the pasta beautifully for a silky creamy sauce that is so delicious.
If you have fussy kids in your household, you can try grating the zucchini really fine, I just chop it small and even my kids enjoyed this and my youngest is normally an avoider of anything green. So it was great to see them both digging in and clearing their plates.
Its important for me to be able to make meals we can all enjoy. I don't want to be have to make lots of different meals. It's one dish for all.
I use my Healthy Extra A for a serving which is what keeps this syn free. There are 4 in the whole recipe, but as it serves 4, it works out as only one Healthy Extra A for one serving.
So good, this One Pot Creamy Zucchini Pasta will now be a regular dish when I need dinner on the table quickly. Which is often with young kids and a sometimes busy schedule.
The zucchini and onion in this One Pot Creamy Zucchini Pasta is a good amount of speed, but just to ensure I have a ⅓ speed. I also served with some mixed baby greens. Which was perfect.
Looking for some more recipes to try? – Previously on Slimming Eats
- 1 year ago: Syn Free Creamy Garlic Pasta
- 2 years ago: Marinara Sauce
- 3 years ago: Cauliflower Garlic Flatbread
- 4 years ago: Coconut Chicken Curry Rice
- 5 years ago: Meatballs in Tomato-Maple Sauce
- 6 years ago: Syn Free Lemon Chilli Chicken
- 7 years ago: Low Syn Chinese Pork
with many more recipes in my full: Recipe Index
Creamy, velvety and delicious - all thats left to do is dig and enjoy!!
Syn Free One Pot Creamy Zucchini Pasta
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa per serving
- Green - 1 HEa per serving
- WW Smart Points - 13
- Vegetarian - use an Italian style hard cheese which is vegetarian friendly
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 400g (14oz) of zucchini (courgette), quartered lengthways and then sliced.
- 320g (11.28oz) of pasta of choice
- 4 cup (960ml) of chicken or vegetable stock (broth)
- 8 laughing cow light - 2 HEa's
- 60g (2oz) of parmesan, grated - 2 HEa's
- Pinch of mixed herbs
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Spray oil
- Spray a deep frying pan with spray oil over a medium high heat
- Add the onion and garlic and frying for 5 mins to soften.
- Add the zucchini, and mixed herbs and mix to coat.
- Add the pasta, stock and the laughing cow lights to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until the laughing cow melt into the sauce.
- Reduce heat and then simmer uncovered until sauce reduces down and thickens and pasta is cooked (approx 10 mins)
- Stir in the parmesan until melted and season with salt and black pepper
- Add a little more water just to loosen sauce if it goes too thick.
Healthy Extra A servings of cheese can vary from the UK to the USA, so adjust accordingly.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also double check syn values of sinned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8.8 g
Saturated Fat 4.9 g
Cholesterol 21.9 mg
Sodium 713 mg
Total Carbohydrates 71.6 g
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 22.1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.