Lemon Chilli Chicken - One of my all-time favourite recipes, super simple to make with a delicious citrusy spicy sauce.
My go-to Quick and Easy Chicken Recipe
If you love curries you will love this Lemon Chilli Chicken. It is citrusy but has the lovely flavour of spices like you'd expect in a curry. Once you make this, it is a recipe you will go back to again and again.
If I needed to list my top 5 favourite chicken recipes, this would be on the list. If I have some chicken to use and need a meal on the table in less than 30 minutes, then this Lemon Chilli Chicken is a definite choice for any busy weekday meal.
Cook the sides while this simmers away on the stove and you can really save even more time.
Most of the spices are store cupboard ingredients apart from of course the chicken and some fresh lemons, so no hard to buy ingredients either - bonus!!
Chicken Breast of Chicken Thighs - which is best?
That's a great question. Any time I am cooking a recipe that requires the meat to cook in the sauce and take on lots of flavours. Chicken thighs are the top of my list.
While chicken breast will work, they won't stay as tender.
When it comes to chicken thighs, you can either use boneless skinless or go for bone-in skinless chicken thighs (my favourite in this recipe). Just because they tend to release more juices which in turn flavours the dish.
How to make Lemon Chilli Chicken?
Rub the chicken with all the spices
Fry in a pan with the onion, ginger, garlic and some spray oil
Add in the stock and lemon zest and viola after simmering for a while it turns into a delicious coated lemon chilli chicken in a citrusy spicy sauce. THAT IS IT!!
How to serve Lemon Chilli Chicken
Well, that is entirely up to you, as you can see I went for some simple steamed white rice, a little fresh cilantro and some batoned carrots.
Wondering how I cook the carrots? Once you have sliced into batons with a sharp knife (I love my Santoku knife), I place in a bowl, cover with some water, place a lid over the top and microwave for 1 min 30 seconds. Then drain, add to a pan with a little spray oil and season with salt and black pepper, fry for a minute or so and they are done. Nice and simple.
Trying to watch your portions? Why not try this over some Roasted Cauliflower Rice.
Need some more Chicken Thigh recipes?
then why not check out some of the following:
- PEACH BARBECUE CHICKEN TRAY BAKE
- SPICY GINGER CHICKEN
- BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN TRAYBAKE
- NANDO’S PERI PERI CHICKEN FAKEAWAY
- CHICKEN, FETA AND ROASTED BEETROOT BAKE
- STOVETOP BBQ CHICKEN
- CHICKEN, SWEET POTATO AND LENTIL CURRY (STOVE TOP AND INSTANT POT)
- COCONUT CHICKEN CURRY RICE
- CHICKEN AND CAULIFLOWER CURRY
or if you would like more recipe ideas - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes all with estimated calories and you can search by ingredients, course, diet and more..
All with estimated calories and Slimming friendly
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 6 Chicken Thighs - any visible fat/skin removed (can use bone-in or boneless)
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1.5 cups (360 ml) of chicken stock
- 1.5 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- cooking oil spray (I used avocado)
- Some freshly chopped coriander
- additional lemon slices and fresh coriander to garnish
- Add the chicken thighs, garlic, ginger, onion and spices to a large dish and mix well to evenly coat.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with cooking oil spray.
- Add the chicken mixture and fry until lightly golden.
- Add the chicken stock, lemon juice and zest to the pan. Bring up heat till it starts bubbling and then reduce to medium so it gently bubbles until sauce reduces down and thickens (don't add a lid - approx 20 mins), add a little water if needed to loosen sauce if it becomes too dry.
- Top with fresh lemon slices and chopped coriander.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper
- Serve with your choice of sides
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 231Total Fat 10.3gSaturated Fat 2.9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 336mgSodium 709mgCarbohydrates 5.3gFiber 2.9gSugar 3.6gProtein 28g
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.