Meatballs in Tomato-Maple Sauce, yes that's not just a plain ole tomato sauce we have here, this one is mouthwatering good with balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Two ingredients I just happen to love.
These delicious meatballs are super quick to make, just a handful of ingredients that combined together make an awesome family meal. My kids love them, I love them, who doesn't love them?
I make these again and again and we never bore of them, they are great served with a variety of different sides - Syn free chips, Roasted Butternut Squash and Rice or maybe even my Garlic and Herb Roast Potatoes.
I also won't judge you on how you mop up that sauce, hey I have been known to ladle it up with a spoon if I haven't mopped it all up with whatever sides I decided to pair with them. I might draw the line at licking your plate clean, but hey it's your own home and if that's what you want to do, then who am I to judge.
So what are you waiting for, these can be ready in less than 30 minutes. That's got to be enough convincing to make this dish, right?
Extra Easy - 2
Original/SP - 2
WW Smart Points - 5
- 600g/21oz of extra lean beef mince (or you can use turkey, pork etc)
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- fresh Italian Parsley
- olive oil spray
- pinch salt and black pepper
- For the sauce:
- 1 cup/240ml of passata
- 1 cup/240ml of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup (6 syns)
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some olive oil spray, add your peppers, onion and garlic and fry until softened. Allow to cool and set the frying pan aside (you will use it to cook the meatballs)
- Add to your beef mince along with some finely chopped Italian parsley and season with salt and black pepper.
- Bind the ingredients together thoroughly, using the back of a wooden spoon. Roll into 12 equal size balls.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some more olive oil spray and cook until lightly golden. Remove and set aside.
- Add the passata, chicken stock, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to the pan bring to a boil and reduce heat. Return the meatballs to the pan and simmer for approx 20 mins, until meatballs are cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Serve the meatballs topped with some fresh chopped Italian parsley or coriander and serve with your choice of sides
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.