This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming Eats and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups (960ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 270g (9.5oz) of Arborio Rice
- 200g (7oz) of mushrooms (I used baby portobello mushrooms), finely chopped
- 1 small package of dried Porcini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- salt and black pepper
- 120g (4oz) of Parmesan Cheese
- Add the dried porcini mushrooms to a small bowl, cover with boiling hot water and allow to soak for 20 mins.
- Drain and reserved liquid
- Place all the stock in a small saucepan, along with the liquid from the dried porcini mushrooms with a sprinkling of fresh thyme and keep on a low heat.
- Finely chop the porcini mushrooms
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the onion, garlic and mushrooms (including porcini mushrooms) and cook until softened and golden. Add a little of the stock if needed to prevent from sticking. Season with some black pepper.
- Add the Arborio rice and mix thoroughly with the onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add 1 ladle of stock and continuously stir making sure you scrape all the flavouring from the bottom of the pan as you do so, as the stock reduces, add another ladle of stock, and repeat the process. until stock is almost gone.
- Before adding the last couple of ladles of stock, stir in ¾ of the parmesan cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Serve among 4 plates and top each serving with the remainder of parmesan cheese.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 407Total Fat 2.5gSaturated Fat 6.3gCarbohydrates 62.1gFiber 3.3gSugar 2.8gProtein 17g