Cheesy goodness of Tomato and Mozzarella Hasselback Chicken - this is one chicken dish you just have to try.
I had some chicken breasts to use up for dinner and I wasn’t quite sure what to do with them, I must admit I prefer to use chicken thigh’s or a whole chicken, I just find they are better in dishes like casseroles, curries, or baked etc as breast meat tends to overcook very easily.
So I figured the best thing to do with the chicken breasts was to oven baked them with some kind of stuffing or filling.
If I sliced it just like these yummy Garlic Hasselback potatoes, and stuffed it with tomato slices and mozzarella, the end result was bound to be delicious.
Delicious tomatoes keep the chicken breast moist, and then, of course, you also have all the melted cheesy goodness of the mozzarella cheese - perfection!!
A pinch of Himalayan sea salt and some black pepper along with some chopped fresh Italian parsley. finishes the dish off nicely.
Sides for Hasselback chicken
For speed foods, you can pick any vegetables or salad of your choice, this dish will pair really well with a huge variety of speed foods. I went for some simple broccoli, which I steamed a little and then sauteed in a pan with a little cooking oil spray a pinch of chilli flakes and some salt and black pepper.
Looking for some other chicken recipes? Check out these:
- Lebanese Chicken with Roasted Peppers and Rice
- Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake
- Chinese Salt and Pepper Chicken
- Chinese Lemon Chicken
- Feta Stuffed Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Slow Cooked Chicken
- Chicken and Asparagus No Pastry Pie
- Chicken Drumsticks in a Peanut Sauce
- Chicken, Leek and Butternut Squash Bake
or if you would like more recipe ideas or sides to make with this recipe - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes with calories and you can search by meal type, ingredients, course, diet and more.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, raw
- 2 large beefsteak tomato
- 150g of fresh of mozzarella, sliced
- balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons paprika (sweet not smoky)
- salt and black pepper
- freshly chopped Italian parsley
- olive oil cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Make slits along the chicken breasts
- Slice the beef steak tomatoes and then cut some half moons from each slice.
- Stuff the half moons of tomato slices (skin facing up) into the slits on the chicken and then also stuff each slit with some mozzarella.
- Brush over the top of each chicken breast with some balsamic vinegar
- Season each chicken breast with one teaspoon of paprika and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Spray over the top with some cooking oil spray.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 25 mins.
- Take out at the 15 min mark and using the back of a fork, just push down into the slits any tomato that is sticking out. Sprinkle with freshly chopped Italian parsley and place back in the oven for the remaining 10 mins, until cheese is melted and golden and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
Please see below for details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs: due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values
- Gluten Free Friendly
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 350Total Fat 13.4gSaturated Fat 7.2gCholesterol 137mgSodium 513mgCarbohydrates 4.6gFiber 0.5gSugar 2gProtein 51g
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.