If you're a fan of satay chicken, prepare to be delighted by these incredibly flavourful Chicken Drumsticks in a delicious Peanut Sauce. Not only do they satisfy your taste buds, but they also come with the added benefit of being skinless, making them lower in calories too
Peanut butter is the best thing ever, it goes well with such a variety of different things. I love apple slices with a peanut butter and will often save my calories, just so I can have it.
I have tried the peanut butter powder stuff and it's just not the same for me. It is okay in baking etc if you want a peanut flavour, but it just doesn't replace the real stuff.
So when creating this recipe, it just had to be 100% natural, not the stuff piled with sugar and unnecessary oils, you find in some. Peanut butter should be just peanuts and nothing else.
Also a note to add, if you have been buying the reduced fat stuff, it actually is the same calories as the normal stuff, so you may as well go for the best.
Great served with my Egg Fried Rice which you can also substitute with cauliflower for a lower carb meal.
For the veg side dish to go with these Chicken Drumsticks in a Peanut Sauce, I like to stir fry some sugar snap peas, they are so good stir fried, slightly crunchy but sweet. Hell I like those things straight from the bag too as an evening snack.
My kids also love these Chicken Drumsticks in a Peanut Sauce, and sometimes I will even double or triple up the recipe, just to make more so I have plenty of leftovers for the next day and if you do not like chicken drumsticks, you can also make this with chicken pieces.
If you are paleo or doing a whole30, then swap out the peanut butter for almond butter and this is equally as delicious!
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 8 chicken drumsticks (all skin/fat removed)
- 2 level tablespoons of smooth natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of light soy sauce (or Tamari or coconut aminos)
- ⅓ cup (80ml) of water
- ½ teaspoon of ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of chilli powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Add to a small saucepan over a medium heat the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, coriander, cumin, garlic and chilli powder.
- Whisk until you have a smooth sauce.
- Add the chicken drumsticks to an oven proof dish and pour over the sauce, making sure the drumsticks get covered in the sauce.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 30 mins. (taking out at several intervals to baste with the sauce)
- Top with some freshly chopped Coriander
- I served these with my egg fried rice and sauteed sugar snap peas
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 373Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 231mgSodium 1019mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 46g
Nutritional information and values etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.