If you love satay chicken - you will really LOVE these Chicken Drumsticks in a Peanut Sauce
Peanut butter is the best thing ever, it goes well with such a variety of different things, but will cost you 9 syns for just 2 tablespoons. I love apple slices with a peanut butter and will often save my syns, just so I can have it.
I have tried the peanut butter powder stuff and it's just not the same for me. It is okay in baking etc if you want a peanut flavour, but it just doesn't replace the real stuff.
So when creating this recipe, it just had to be 100% natural, not the stuff piled with sugar and unnecessary oils, you find in some. Peanut butter should be just peanuts and nothing else.
Also a note to add, if you have been buying the reduced fat stuff, it actually is the same calories as the normal stuff, and also the same syns, so you may as well go for the best.
So although peanut butter is high in syns, it actually doesn't work out too bad when it's combined with other ingredients into a dish like this of yummy tender chicken drumsticks in a peanut sauce.
Great served with my Egg Fried Rice which you can also substitute with cauliflower for a original or SP day.
For the veg side dish to go with these Chicken Drumsticks in a Peanut Sauce, I like to stir fry some sugar snap peas, they are so good stir fried, slightly crunchy but sweet. Hell I like those things straight from the bag too as an evening syn free speedy snack.
My kids also love these Chicken Drumsticks in a Peanut Sauce, and sometimes I will even double or triple up the recipe, just to make more so I have plenty of leftovers for the next day and if you do not like chicken drumsticks, you can also make this with chicken pieces.
If you are paleo or doing a whole30, then swap out the peanut butter for almond butter and this is equally as delicious!
- 9 chicken drumsticks (all skin/fat removed)
- 2 tablespoons of smooth natural peanut butter(9 syns)
- 3 tablespoons of light soy sauce (or Tamari or coconut aminos)
- ⅓ cup of water
- ½ teaspoon of ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of chilli powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Add to a small saucepan over a medium heat the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, coriander, cumin, garlic and chilli powder.
- Whisk until you have a smooth sauce.
- Add the chicken drumsticks to an oven proof dish and pour over the sauce, making sure the drumsticks get covered in the sauce.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 30 mins. (taking out at several intervals to baste with the sauce)
- Top with some freshly chopped Coriander
- I served these with my egg fried rice and sauteed sugar snap peas
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Amount Per Serving Calories 436Total Fat 15.7gSaturated Fat 2.7gCholesterol 23.1mgSodium 1169.9mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0.4gSugar 0.3gProtein 65.9g