Garlic Hasselback Potatoes are one of the best kind of baked potato you will ever make, the buttery garlic melts perfectly into all the thin slices in the potato adding heaps of flavour.
Buttery Garlic Hasselback Baby Potatoes
These are like a baked potato, chip and roast potato all in one and of course with the addition of garlic and butter, what's not to like? Perfect as a side dish, but can even be enjoy just as they are with some additional toppings.
Either way you will want to make these again and again.
Best Potatoes for Hasselback Potatoes
For hasselback potatoes you can actually use any type of potato you like, the only different being that certain potatoes may take a little longer to cook, depending on size.
Even sweet potatoes are a great potato to use for hasselback potatoes, so are great for varying up this side dish.
Can I use spray oil?
I use a little butter in this recipe, it's not many calories when divided into servings and really enhances the flavour of these hasselback potatoes, so it is well worth using it.
However if you really want to cut back the calories you can use spray oil, just be aware the final result may not be the same as what you see here.
Seasoning for Hasselback Potatoes
Seasoning is where you can experiment to create lot of different flavours for these.
I keep it simple with some paprika, onion powder and salt, along with the minced fresh garlic added to the butter. But there are many other seasonings you can add, if you like spicy potatoees, try adding some cayenne, chilli powder or hot smoked paprika.
Optional Topping for Hasselback Potatoes
I tend to keep these just as they are for a simple side dish that is great for all kinds of mains, but there is so much different toppings you can add to these.
Add in some sliced onion with potatoes for a delicious sweet caramelized onion flavour. You can also add diced peppers or top with your favourite cheese. If you are adding cheese, don't add it to the top until the last 15 minutes.
Crispy bacon pieces if you are not vegetarian is a great option also.
Best Dish for Cooking Hasselback Potatoes
You want a dish or tray that you can place the potatoes evenly with enough space for the heat to distribute around them to ensure they get lovely and golden.
Main Courses for Hasselback Potatoes
Wondering what main courses to serve alongside these hasselback potatoes? Here are a few of my favourites:
- Lamb Meatballs with Mint Gravy
- Cheesy Sausage Salsa Tray Bake
- Grilled Chicken Breast Stuffed with Mozzarella
- Seasoned Chicken with Rich Gravy
- Rich Beef and Prune Stew (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker)
- Creamy Pork Casserole
- Creamy Garlic Pork with Cabbage
- Yummy Paprika Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
- Paprika Beef (Slow Cooker and Instant Pot)
or if you would like more recipe ideas - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes and can search by ingredients, course, diet and more.
All with estimated calories, Slimming Eats and Weight Watchers Smart Points values.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your
Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 680g of baby yellow potatoes (or can use a similar weight of regular sized potatoes)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of butter (can also use ghee), melted
- ½ cup (120ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1.5 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- pinch of black pepper
- olive oil spray oil
- freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 220c or 425f (gas mark 7)
- Place each potato in between two chopsticks and slice thin slits all down the potato.
- Place in a oven proof dish
- Add the garlic to the melted butter and brush this all over the potatoes
- Mix the seasoning in a small bowl, sprinkle this over the top of the potatoes.
- Pour the stock into the dish and then spray over the top with olive oil spray.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour (depending on size of potatoes).
- Remove from oven at intervals and brush over the top of the stock (this ensures they get a lovely golden colour).
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped Italian parsley
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 Serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 193Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 18mgSodium 669mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 5gSugar 2gProtein 5g
Nutritional information, values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.