Low Syn Paprika Beef - tender chunks of beef in a rich smokey paprika tomato sauce with chunks of butternut squash.
This Low Syn Paprika Beef is one of those easy meals, where you can add a few ingredients to the slow cooker and by the end of the day have a delicious meal that the whole family can dig into and enjoy.
Paprika adds a lovely flavour to this Low Syn Paprika Beef dish alongside the rich tomato sauce. Combining both sweet and smoked paprika for that ultimate flavour. Smoked paprika can come in varying heats, so be careful of the one you use if you don't like your food spicy.
Pair this Low Syn Paprika Beef with a variety of delicious sides. We love these Garlic and Herb Potato wedges, but some other delicious sides to choose from are:
- Syn Free Mashed Potatoes
- Layered Mashed Potato Casserole
- Syn Free Chips
- Crispy Golden Potatoes
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Mash
- Syn Free Roast Potatoes
- Red Pepper and Coriander Rice
- Sour Cream and Spring Onion Mash
- Roasted Cauliflower Rice
- Cheddar and Spring Onion Mash
Own an Instant Pot? This Low Syn Paprika Beef can also be cooked in an Instant Pot in a much shorter time.
If you have never heard of an Instant Pot? – you are seriously missing out. It is the best kitchen gadget I have purchased. I love this thing so much, that I almost use it EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.
of course, whether you cook this delicious Low Syn Paprika Beef ann a Instant Pot or Slow Cooker, it is equally delicious.
Want some other yummy healthy Slow Cooker Recipes? Check out these:
- Low Syn Guinness Beef Brisket
- Syn Free Beef and Vegetable Casserole
- Slow Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Casserole
- Creamy Tomato and Turkey Casserole
- Irish Beef Stew
- Chinese Style Pork Tenderloin
- Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
- Spicy Asian Beef
- Low Syn Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Sweet Onion Braised Beef
- Pineapple Pork
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX for over 700+ delicious Slimming World recipes.
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join us.
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ SPEED FOODS TO THIS LOW SYN PAPRIKA BEEF?
This yummy low syn paprika beef recipe already comes packed with tomatoes, peppers and butternut squash, but if you want to up the speed foods even further this is amazing with some sauteed greens of choice. I love it served along side this Sauteed Shredded Garlic Brussel Sprouts. Another option is to pick a side like cauliflower rice or mash.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Low Syn Paprika Beef?
- Measuring Scales
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Jug
- Santoku Knife
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Slow Cooker or Instant Pot
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 800g of lean stewing beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 350g of butternut squash, cubed
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbs of tomato paste
- 2 tbs of sweet paprika
- 1 tbs of smoked paprika
- ½ cup (120ml) of water
- 1 tbs of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker and mix well to combine.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4-6 hours
- Serve with your choice of sides
- Add all the ingredients to the instant pot and stir to combine.
- Add the lid and close valve (if not self-sealing), set to manual high pressure for 20 mins, let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 0.5 syns per serving
- Original/SP - 0.5 syns per serving
- WW Smart Points - 4 per serving
- Paleo - swap the brown sugar for maple syrup or honey.
*suitable for freezing
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 254Total Fat 6.7gSaturated Fat 2.7gCholesterol 84mgSodium 650mgCarbohydrates 19.1gFiber 4.5gSugar 8.4gProtein 32.1g