This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
- 1 cup (180g) of uncooked long grain rice.
- 2 cups (480ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoon of olive oil or ghee
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- salt and black pepper to season
- Add olive oil (or ghee) to a deep frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and fry just to soften and infuse flavour.
- Add rice and fry for a min just to coat.
- Add in peppers, coriander and stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until stock is absorbed. (do not stir during this process).
- When stock is absorbed, turn off heat, but leave lidded for about 10 mins before serving.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
1 serving (without rice)