Cheddar and Spring Onion Mash
Slimming Eats Recipe
Green – 1 HEa per serving
Extra Easy – 1 HEa per serving
- 800g/28oz of potatoes, peeled and cubed - pick a waxy larger variety
- chicken or vegetable stock (broth)
- salt and black pepper
- 120g/4.5oz of cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 spring onions sliced
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan
- Just cover with stock
- Bring to a boil and simmer until soft
- Drain, but reserve stock.
- Using a potato ricer or masher, mash the potatoes.
- Add a little bit of the reserved stock at a time, until you have a nice smooth mashed potato
- Mix in the spring onion and cheddar till well combined
- Season with salt and black pepper.