There is something about the cold months that makes us use the slow cooker more and more, right?
I suppose we are more likely to make stew and casserole dishes in the winter months, whereas it's all about the salads in the summer.
This delicious slow cooker dish uses pork tenderloin and asian inspired seasoning to create a delicious dish packed with flavour. It's a family favorite and one I come back to make again and again.
It really can be served with anything, but as with any asian inspired dish, we prefer it with some quickly stir fried veggie and steamed white jasmine rice.
For an original or SP day you could serve with my Roasted Cauliflower rice
It would go just as well though with my Perfect Syn Free Chips.
As for the optional Chinese five spice. I have made it with and without (I didn't have any last time I made this), and both versions taste amazing. So if you like it add it, if not leave it out.
For a gluten free version of this, you would need to find a gluten free Hoisin Sauce, most are made with regular soy sauce.
This Hoisin sauce however is gluten free:
I also alway use enough pork tenderloin to serve a family of four and give me a little bit left over to freeze. That way I have some on hand for quick meals for busy days.
- 1kg/2.25lb pork tenderloin
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- ¼ cup (60ml) of passata
- 2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- optional: 1-2 tsp of Chinese five spice
- Place onions and peppers in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix together the sugar, black pepper, garlic and ginger and rub this all over the pork tenderloin.
- Place the pork tenderloin on top of the pepper and onion.
- Mix together thoroughly the passata, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil and pour this into the slow cooker.
- Turn on the slow cooker and set low for 6-8 hours
- When pork is cooked, remove from slow cooker, shred up pork and add back to the slow cooker and mix in all the sauce.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
- I served with steamed rice and sauteed shredded veg.
Please see below for recipe values:
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watcher friendly
- Slimming World - 2.5 syns per serving
WW Smart Points - 6
Gluten Free use gluten free soy sauce and Hoisin sauce
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES, TEXT, IMAGES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 317Total Fat 11.3gSaturated Fat 3.4gCholesterol 0.2mgCarbohydrates 27.5gFiber 1.5gSugar 7gProtein 38g