There is something about the cold months that makes us use the slow cooker more and more, right?
I suppose we are more likely to make stew and casserole dishes in the winter months, whereas it's all about the salads in the summer.
This delicious slow cooker dish uses pork tenderloin and asian inspired seasoning to create a delicious dish packed with flavour. It's a family favorite and one I come back to make again and again.
It really can be served with anything, but as with any asian inspired dish, we prefer it with some quickly stir fried veggie and steamed white jasmine rice.
For an original or SP day you could serve with my Roasted Cauliflower rice
It would go just as well though with my Perfect Syn Free Chips.
As for the optional Chinese five spice. I have made it with and without (I didn't have any last time I made this), and both versions taste amazing. So if you like it add it, if not leave it out.
For a gluten free version of this, you would need to find a gluten free Hoisin Sauce, most are made with regular soy sauce.
This Hoisin sauce however is gluten free:
I also alway use enough pork tenderloin to serve a family of four and give me a little bit left over to freeze. That way I have some on hand for quick meals for busy days.
Extra Easy- 2.5 syns per serving
Original - 2.5 syns per serving
WW Smart Points- 6
Gluten Free use gluten free soy sauce and Hoisin sauce
- 1kg/2.25lb pork tenderloin
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar(4.5 syns)
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- ¼ cup (60ml) of passata
- 2 tbs of dark soy sauce
- 2 tbs of light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Hoisin sauce (3.5 syns)
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch(1.5 syns)
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil (4 syns)
- optional: 1-2 tsp of Chinese five spice
- Note: as some of the synned ingredients may vary by brand, be sure to double check the syn values for the items used.
- Place onions and peppers in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix together the sugar, black pepper, garlic and ginger and rub this all over the pork tenderloin.
- Place the pork tenderloin on top of the pepper and onion.
- Mix together thoroughly the passata, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil and pour this into the slow cooker.
- Turn on the slow cooker and set low for 6-8 hours
- When pork is cooked, remove from slow cooker, shred up pork and add back to the slow cooker and mix in all the sauce.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
- I served with steamed rice and sauteed shredded veg.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.