There is something about the cold months that makes us use the slow cooker more and more, right?
I suppose we are more likely to make stew and casserole dishes in the winter months, whereas it's all about the salads in the summer.
This delicious slow cooker dish uses pork tenderloin and asian inspired seasoning to create a delicious dish packed with flavour. It's a family favorite and one I come back to make again and again.
It really can be served with anything, but as with any asian inspired dish, we prefer it with some quickly stir fried veggie and steamed white jasmine rice or you could serve with my Roasted Cauliflower rice.
It would go just as well though with my Perfect Chips.
As for the optional Chinese five spice. I have made it with and without (I didn't have any last time I made this), and both versions taste amazing. So if you like it add it, if not leave it out.
For a gluten free version of this, you would need to find a gluten free Hoisin Sauce, most are made with regular soy sauce.
This Hoisin sauce however is gluten free:
I also always use enough pork tenderloin to serve a family of four and give me a little bit left over to freeze. That way I have some on hand for quick meals for busy days.
- 1kg/2.25lb pork tenderloin
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- ¼ cup (60ml) of passata
- 2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese five spice
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Place onions and peppers in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix together the sugar, black pepper, garlic and ginger and rub this all over the pork tenderloin.
- Place the pork tenderloin on top of the pepper and onion.
- Mix together thoroughly the passata, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, chinese five spice, red pepper flakes, cornstarch and sesame oil and pour this into the slow cooker.
- Turn on the slow cooker and set low for 6-8 hours
- When pork is cooked, remove from slow cooker, shred up pork and add back to the slow cooker and mix in all the sauce.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
- I served with steamed rice and sauteed shredded veg.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 317Total Fat 11.3gSaturated Fat 3.4gCholesterol 0.2mgCarbohydrates 27.5gFiber 1.5gSugar 7gProtein 38g