Delicious Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork with the sweetness of crushed pineapple, the spicy kick of sambal oelek, plus soy sauce, maple syrup and red and green pepper. Perfect with rice or noodles.
You can never have enough Slow Cooker recipes in my opinion, especially when you know you have a busy day ahead and when you know the last thing you will feel like doing at the end of the day when you get home is to stand at the stove for a half an hour or longer cooking up something for dinner.
That is where crockpot recipes like this Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork come in really handy, you can prep everything in the morning (or even the night before and keep in a tub in the fridge) add to the slow cooker, set it on the desired timing and set off on your way knowing that when you get home a delicious healthy meal will be waiting for you.
I often make extra when I cook something in my slow cooker too, as there is nothing better than having leftovers to freeze, I often set aside a batch cooking day here and there, especially if I know I have a busy week ahead.
If you have some friends who want to share the work. Organizing a batch cooking day with friends is a great way to make lots of yummy meals with half the chore. Plus it's fun too when you have some good friends for company and you will be surprised how many more meals you can get cooked up in one day.
Most tend to use their slow cooker in the winter rather than the summer, but really it is ideal to use any time of the year.
Looking for some other slow cooker recipes to try? Check out these:
- Slow Cooker Guinness Beef Brisket
- Beef and Vegetable Casserole
- Slow Cooked Chicken
- Slow Cooked Chicken Casserole
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato and Turkey Casserole
- Slow Cooker Irish Beef Stew
- Slow Cooked Chinese Style Pork Tenderloin
- Slow Cooked Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
- Slow Cooked Spicy Asian Beef
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Slow Cooked Sweet Onion Braised Beef
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX for over 700+ delicious Slimming Eats recipes.
When you are buying a slow cooker, it's always worthwhile bearing in mind the features it may have. Choosing one which allows you to use the inner pot as a searing pot can come in really handy when you want to sear the meat or vegetables prior to cooking or you want to add some starch to thicken your sauce afterwards.
This Russell Hobbs Digitial Slow Cooker has those features as mentioned above as well as a digital time, with low, high and keep warm features.
HOW CAN I ADD VEGETABLES TO THIS SLOW COOKER PINEAPPLE PORK?
There are already peppers and onion in this Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork, but add some more vegetables by serving it with some additional stir-fried vegetables along with your rice or noodles. Mushrooms, bean sprouts, baby corn etc would all go really well. You could ever skip the rice or noodles and serve with some Roasted Cauliflower Rice or Spiralized vegetables.
TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER PINEAPPLE PORK YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING KITCHEN ITEMS:
- Slow Cooker
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Mixing Bowl
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date with all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 900g of lean pork shoulder, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup (240ml) of crushed pineapple, canned ) -
- 2 tbs of maple syrup
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp of grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup (60ml) of soy sauce
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 1 tbs of sambal oelek (chilli paste)
- ½ cup (120ml) of water
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 tbs of cornstarch (or arrowroot or tapioca)
- Add the crushed pineapple, garlic, ginger, sambal oelek, soy sauce, tomato paste, maple syrup and water to a bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Add the pork and onion to slow cooker, pour over the top the sauce and mix.
- Add lid and slow cook for 5 hours on high.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little water to make a slurry.
- Add this into the pork, along with the red and green pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Add lid and slow cook for a further 1 hour on high.
- Season with salt and black pepper as needed.
- Serve with your choice of sides
Don't fancy pork? use chicken thighs instead
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 231Total Fat 3.8gSaturated Fat 1.4gCholesterol 60.3mgSodium 601mgCarbohydrates 18.4gFiber 1.4gSugar 12.5gProtein 33.6g