Delicious Colourful Chopped Chicken Salad - a perfect salad bowl to enjoy all year round.
Chopped salads are one of my favourite easy meals, you can literally add anything you like to them, and vary it easily by sticking to the usual template of a few different veggies, some sort of protein and then a bit of sweetness with a fruit of choice.
Seasoned Chicken for Salads
So for this yummy Chopped Chicken Salad - I got for of course some chicken thighs for my protein source, seasoned with a yummy blend of paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder, you can also go for a pinch of cayenne if you like some heat and then pan-fried in a little cooking oil spray
Paired up with carrot, peppers, lettuce, and baby cucumbers for some crunch and then, of course, some crisp apple slices for a natural sweetness.
Homemade Low Calorie Poppyseed Dressing
I also like to make my own dressings, a healthy homemade dressing doesn’t have to be high in syns and poppyseed dressing is one I make regularly, as it's just perfect for salads like this. I use a little bit of yoghurt, with some lemon juice, maple syrup to tone down the sourness of the yoghurt and then garlic, onion powder and lastly some poppyseeds. It's a dressing you will want to make again and again it's so good.
You can totally drizzle this all over your salad with no guilt whatsoever - yum!!
More Salad Recipes
Love salad recipes like this, with lots of little components? Salad doesn't need to be boring, check out some of these:
- Roasted Butternut Squash Chicken Quinoa Salad
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad
- Chicken Strawberry Avocado Salad
- Taco Salad Bowl
- Tuna Avocado Salad
- Peanut Chicken Noodle Salad Bowl
- Chicken, Feta and Strawberry Salad
- Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Curried Chicken Rice Salad Bowl
- Tuscan Chicken Salad
or if you would like more recipe ideas - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes with calories and you can search by meal type, ingredients, course, diet and more..
All recipes on Slimming Eats have estimated nutritional information for your convenience.
What Kitchen Item do I need to make this Salad?
- Measuring Scales
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Frying Pan
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs, raw (approx 250g/8.8oz)
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- salt and black pepper
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- olive oil spray
- 1 crisp apple (core removed), sliced thinly
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 head of romaine, chopped
- half a red pepper, chopped into thin strips
- 2 baby cucumbers sliced
for the poppyseed dressing:
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) of fat-free plain yoghurt (not Greek)
- juice of half a small lemon
- ½ tablespoon of maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon of yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- pinch of poppy seeds
- pinch of salt
- Add the chicken thighs to a bowl, with the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper (optional cayenne if you want your chicken spicy)
- Spray a frying pan over a medium heat with olive oil spray, add the chicken thighs and fry on each side until golden and chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside to cool slightly, then slice into thin strips.
- Divide the apple, carrot, lettuce, red pepper, cucumber and chicken equally among too bowls.
- In a bowl whisk together the poppyseed dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle it over the salad.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- WW Points - 7 per serving
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- Gluten Free Friendly
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 312Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 210mgSodium 897mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 8gSugar 21gProtein 24g
Nutritional information and values etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.