Elevate Your Meal with These Irresistible Buttery Lemon Garlic Potatoes: A Flavourful Side Dish to Delight Your Taste Buds.
Buttery Lemon Garlic Potatoes
Craving a burst of savoury goodness to complement your next meal?? Look no further than lemon garlic potatoes! This tantalising dish combines the zesty tang of lemon with the aromatic allure of garlic and melted butter, enveloping tender potatoes in a symphony of flavours.
Calories in Lemon Garlic Potatoes
This delicious potato side dish serves 4 and is 200 calories per serving.
If you're looking for more recipes within the same calorie range, you'll find an abundance of options in my dedicated collection of 200+ calorie recipes.
If you're following a calorie-controlled diet or a healthy eating plan, it's important to calculate your daily calorie intake using a reliable calorie calculator. Please note that the calorie counts provided are estimates and can vary based on specific ingredients and serving sizes. Personalizing your calculations is essential to meet your individual needs. By using a calorie calculator, you can make informed choices and stay on track with your dietary goals.
To prepare this yummy recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Potatoes: use a waxy variety like Yukon Gold or Charlotte potatoes that hold their shape
- Garlic: fresh garlic minced, but lazy or jarred mince garlic is fine also
- Butter: I use salted for the best flavour
- Lemon: juice and zest from a fresh lemon
- Fresh Parsley - it's the perfect finishing touch for the dish. You can skip it if you'd like, but it adds a delightful and healthy touch of green to the overall presentation
- Salt and Pepper - These basic yet essential flavour enhancers are key for elevating the taste of your dishes. No food will ever be bland when these are used to season to taste.
- Low Calorie Spray - Use your preferred choice of low calorie spray, I prefer olive oil or avocado sprays without any added emulsifiers.
Once you've gathered all the ingredients and prepared them accordingly, you're all set to create this easy and delightful recipe.
See the recipe card for specific quantities and instructions.
Best Potatoes for Perfect Sautéing
Selecting the right potato is crucial for perfect sautéed potatoes. Waxy varieties, known for their low starch content and firm texture, are ideal as they hold their shape well when cooked.
Yukon Gold potatoes are a top pick due to their buttery flavor and ability to brown nicely while remaining intact. In the UK, Charlotte or Anya potatoes are excellent alternatives, offering similar waxy characteristics for flawless sautéing.
Opt for these varieties to ensure your dish is not only tasty but also visually appealing with each piece perfectly sautéed.
Transform these Lemon Garlic Potatoes with these simple yet delightful variations. By adding just a few ingredients, you can tailor the dish to suit any palate or occasion:
- Grated Parmesan or Cheddar: Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan or sharp Cheddar over the potatoes just before they finish cooking. The cheese will melt beautifully, adding a rich, savory depth that complements the lemon and garlic.
- Sautéed Onions: For an extra layer of flavor, sauté finely sliced onions until they're caramelized and golden, then mix them in with the potatoes. The sweetness of the onions pairs perfectly with the zesty lemon and aromatic garlic.
- Red Chilli Flakes: If you’re after a bit of heat, a generous pinch of red chilli flakes can offer just that. Add them during the sautéing process to infuse the potatoes with a spicy kick that balances the dish’s richness.
Each of these variations brings its own unique twist to the classic Lemon Garlic Potatoes, allowing you to customize the dish to your taste preferences or to keep it exciting each time you make it.
Main Courses to Pair with Lemon Garlic Potatoes
Lemon Garlic Potatoes, with their vibrant flavoUr and hearty texture, are a versatile side that complements a wide range of main dishes. Here are some top choices to create a harmonious meal that will impress any diner:
- Pork Schnitzel with Creamy Parsley Sauce: one of my favourite main courses to pair with this side dish. The pork with its crispy coating and lush, creamy herby sauce combines beautifully with the zesty lemon of the potatoes.
- Air Fryer Harissa Chicken: The bold spiciness of the harissa pairs brilliantly with the zesty lemon in the potatoes, creating a meal that's both flavorful and balanced.
- Black Pepper Chicken with Balsamic Roasted Vegetables: The sharpness of black pepper chicken marries well with the tangy sweetness of balsamic roasted vegetables, offering a richly flavored, balanced accompaniment to the light and zesty Lemon Garlic Potatoes.
- Golden Parmesan Crusted Chicken: The crispy, cheesy crust of the chicken pairs beautifully with the soft, flavorful Lemon Garlic Potatoes, blending rich textures and tastes for a comforting, satisfying meal
- Maple Glazed Salmon - The salmon's sweet maple glaze contrasts perfectly with the Lemon Garlic Potatoes' citrusy zest, offering a delightful interplay of sweet and tangy flavours
More Side Dishes
Looking for more delicious sides dishes? Check out our collection of side dish recipes to elevate any meal.
- Garlic Cilantro Oven Baked Fries
- Roasted French Green Beans
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Paprika
- Rosemary Roasted Potatoes with Carrots, Parsnips and Onion
- Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Butternut Squash
or if you would like more recipe ideas or sides to make with this recipe - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes with calories and you can search by meal type, ingredients, course, diet and more.
All recipes on Slimming Eats have estimated nutritional information for your convenience.
FAQ For Lemon Garlic Potatoes
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven for best results.
While you can, they won't really be buttery potatoes, for a dish that serves 4 it's just a small amount and is worth it for that elevated flavour.
Yes, you can freeze Lemon Garlic Potatoes, but their texture may change slightly upon reheating. After cooling, freeze them in a freezer safe container. When ready to enjoy, defrost them in the fridge overnight, then reheat in a pan or microwave until warmed through. Keep in mind, they may be softer than when freshly made.
Come and follow me on:
You can also Subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some support on your weight loss journey? Maybe you need advice or tips on a recipe, or just general meal ideas.