Super easy one pan breakfast skillet - with sausages, potato, peppers onion and perfectly cooked eggs.
I love this breakfast skillet, it’s a great filling breakfast to start your day
This dish is really versatile, you can add any veg you like for variation. Vegetarians can omit the bacon and sausage and add a vegetarian alternative. You can also do a scrambled egg type mixture, instead of the fried eggs on top. To do this, once your veggies etc are cooked to liking add your eggs whisked and continue to stir until cooked.
Best Potato for Breakfast Skillet
I like to use the baby potatoes that are waxy and slice them into quarters with the skin on, they have a buttery taste and a nice tender bite to them.
You can use regular sized potatoes diced small, but again for for a waxy variety instead of floury types for this recipe.
Low Calorie Sausages
Pick your favourite low calorie sausages for this recipe, if there are none that you like the taste of then why not make up a batch of one of these to use, they are perfect in this recipe diced up cooked and thrown in towards the end.
Can I use lean bacon?
I use one slice of streaky bacon in this recipe, which flavours the skillet and the little bit of fat that's used helped cooked the potatoes and onion etc along with the little bit of stock added.
However if you prefer to just buy lean bacon bacon you can use that instead, you just need to ensure you don't burn anything in the skillet with the lack of oil and ensure the potatoes are tender.
More Breakfast Recipes
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Check out these:
- Breakfast Layered Crustless Quiche
- Breakfast Pizza
- Speedy Breakfast Frittata
- The Ultimate All Day Breakfast Tray Bake
- Breakfast Hash
- Breakfast Roll Bakes
- Sticky Sriracha Mushroom Omelette
- French Toast with Fruit and Maple Syrup
- Easy Sheet Pan Oat Pancakes
- Sauteed Garlic Mushrooms with Bacon
or if you would like more recipe ideas - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes with calories and you can search by meal type, ingredients, course, diet and more..
All recipes on Slimming Eats have estimated nutritional information for your convenience.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your
Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- baby potatoes raw, cubed in skins - approx 200g (7oz)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- half a red pepper, chopped
- 4 small low calorie sausages, sliced into bitesize pieces- (can use a gluten free variety) -120g total
- 1 slice of streaky bacon, chopped up
- 60g of mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ cup (120ml) of chicken stock
- 2 large eggs
- 2 spring onions (green part), chopped
- Salt and black pepper to season
- ½ teaspoon of sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 30g of cheddar, grated
- low calorie spray
- Preheat Oven to 160c fan, 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Spray a skillet with some low calorie spray
- Add the bacon and sausages and fry until light browned.
- Remove and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean and spray with some more spray oil. Add the onion and fry until softened. Then add the cubes of potato and fry until lightly golden all over and fork tender.
- Add the paprika, garlic powder and some salt and pepper and stir to coat.
- Add the peppers, and mushrooms and continue to fry for a couple of minutes
- Add in a little bit of stock at a time and reduce down around the potatoes until fork tender.
- Return the sausage and bacon back to the pan and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Make two wells in the mix and crack in the eggs and Sprinkle all over with the mix with cheddar
- Place in the oven and bake until your eggs are cooked to your liking. (approx 8-10 minutes)
- Season with a little salt and black pepper and top with some chopped spring onions
Please see below for details about recipe:
- WW Personal Points: add ingredients to your WW diary for points value - as this may vary depending on your personal points zero foods)
- Gluten Free Friendly - use gluten free stock and sausages
- Dairy Free Friendly - omit the cheddar
- Vegetarian friendly - use vegetarian sausages and omit bacon
- Extras: add some sliced avocado or guacamole when serving
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 420Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 245mgSodium 737mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 5gSugar 7gProtein 28g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.