Breakfast Layered Crustless Quiche - makes a delicious and filling breakfast, it is packed with protein and can be served hot or cold.
Breakfast Layered Bake
Gotta love a make-ahead breakfast recipe like this which you can make up in advance so that breakfast is as simple as just warming up each morning along with a mug of coffee or cup of tea.
With most people on busy schedules during the week (some even at the weekend too), it can be hard to put together a high protein filling breakfast each morning. This will ensure you are kept well satiated and is a much better choice over a quick high sugar bowl of cereal.
Veggies for Breakfast Layered Crustless Quiche
Don't be scared to adjust this with to what veggies you have, there really is no right or wrong here, so long as you keep to around the same ratios you can easily vary this up each week to make it slightly different.
In the recipe I use the following:
- Homemade ground sausage (using pork mince)
- Red Pepper
- Sweet Potato
but some other things you could use are
- Bacon or Ham instead of sausage
- Different coloured peppers
- Butternut squash instead of sweet potato
- Spinach instead of kale
- Tomatoes (but keep those to meaty varieties that don't release too much juice)
- Grated cheese on top (don't forget to syn if not using it as a healthy extra A choice)
Can I make this vegetarian?
You may like the sound of this recipe, but are vegetarian or want to just keep it meat-free, so what can you use instead of the ground pork?
Some great substitutions are meat-free alternatives like quorn or veggie sausages. Just be aware that not all are syn free, so you may need to add some additional syns.
You can also leave out the meat altogether and keep to just sweet potato, but I would increase the amount of grated sweet potato slightly.
Can you freeze this breakfast layered crustless quiche?
Yep you sure can, This will freeze perfectly. I recommend slicing into portions and freezing individually. It should keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat, ensure you fully defrost and then you can warm up in the oven or microwave. Ensuring it is heated through before digging in and enjoying.
More breakfast recipes
Need inspiration for some other breakfast ideas? Check out these:
- TURKEY BREAKFAST SAUSAGE PATTIES (GLUTEN FREE)
- THE ULTIMATE ALL DAY BREAKFAST TRAY BAKE
- BREAKFAST ROLL BAKES
- LEMON BLUEBERRY OAT PANCAKES
- CORNED BEEF HASH
- STICKY SRIRACHA MUSHROOM OMELETTE
- EASY WAFFLE OMELETTE
- SAUSAGE AND EGG BREAKFAST MUFFINS
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 900 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 500g of extra lean ground pork (or chicken or turkey mince or broken up veggie sausages
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp of sage
- 1.5 tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- salt and black pepper
- 300g of sweet potato (or sub for butternut squash), grated
- 1 red pepper diced
- 4 cups of chopped kale (or other leafy greens, spinach works well too), remove stalks
- 120ml (½ cup) of passata
- 120ml (½ cup) of chicken stock
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- salt and black pepper to season
- 8 eggs
- cooking oil spray (I used avocado)
- Add the ground pork and half the onion to a frying pan and fry until browned and onion is softened.
- Add the sage, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the grated sweet potato until all is combined. Then add this to an ovenproof dish.
- Spray the frying pan with cooking oil spray and add the peppers, remaining onion, kale, passata, stock and splash of balsamic vinegar to the pan and heat gently until veg is slightly softened. If you find it dries too much, just add a little more passata and stock, but don't make the mixture too wet, you just want the peppers and kale, lightly covered in a tomato sauce.
- Add this to the ovenproof dish, over the pork mixture.
- Preheat oven to 180c (fan 160c) or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Whisk eggs, season well with salt and black pepper and pour over the layers in the ovenproof dish, slightly moving the mixture with a wooden spoon, so the beaten eggs distribute evenly in the dish.
- Place in the oven and bake until the egg mixture has completely set on top and is golden, approx 40 mins.
- Slice and serve
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, paleo, Whole30, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - syn free per serving
- Green WW Smart Points - 6 per serving
- Blue WW Smart Points - 3 per serving
- Purple WW Smart Points - 2 per serving
- Gluten Free - use gluten free stock
- Vegetarian - replace the ground meat for quorn or veggie sausages
SUITABLE FOR FREEZING
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot content or post recipe or content in full. All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Eono by Amazon - Set of Six Stainless Steel Nestling Mixing Bowls (Matte and Mirror Finish) …
ProCook Professional Anodised Non-Stick Saute Pan with Lid - 28cm - 4.2L - Induction Pan with Toughened Glass Lid and Heat-Resistant Handles
TOMORAL Measuring Cups and Spoons Set of 13, Durable 304 Stainless Steel 5 Measuring Cups and 5 Measuring Spoons with 2 O Rings and Magnetic Measurement Conversion Chart
OXO Good Grips Box Grater
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 303Total Fat 10.9gSaturated Fat 3.7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 248mgSodium 339mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 5gSugar 6.2gProtein 29.7g
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.