A sticky sriracha mushroom omelette recipe that is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Delicious fluffy omelette with spicy sweet sticky sriracha mushrooms. Perfect!!
Eggs are a staple in my house, they are my go-to for breakfast because I always find the protein helps keep me full for longer. Plus there are so many different ways you can incorporate even the basic cooked egg into a delicious and yummy recipe, so you never need to feel bored.
Boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, perfectly poached eggs, fried eggs or yummy fluffy omelettes like in this Sticky Sriracha Mushroom Omelette.
If you follow me on Instagram (come and check me out if you don't), you will of already seen all the amazing ways I have eggs for breakfast.
Recently, fancying something a little different and looking in my pantry cupboard for inspiration, I spotted the bottle of sriracha, Now sriracha drizzled over eggs is amazing!!, especially if you like something with a spicy kick. But wanting to also incorporate some speed foods into my meal, I grabbed the mushrooms and figured a stick spicy sauce would go amazingly paired up with my perfectly fluffy omelette.
You might remember this yummy Sriracha Chicken that I gave you a little while back, it's pretty darn tasty and that sauce is just perfect.
Wondering what Sriracha actually is? It's a spicy chilli sauce, usually made from chilli's, sugar, garlic, and distilled vinegar. Quite Different from the Tabasco sauce you might be used to as a condiment in your cupboard.
To make Sticky Sriracha Mushroom omelette, I actually cook my mushrooms in a separate pan to the omelette, so not a traditional omelette in that sense, but you don't want to mess with that sriracha coating when making this.
TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS Sticky Sriracha Mushroom omelette YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING KITCHEN ITEMS:
- 2 Non Stick Frying Pans
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Jug
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Sticky Sriracha Mushroom Omelette | Slimming World
Yield 1 serving
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1.5 per serving
- Green/Vegetarian - 1.5 per serving
- Original/SP - 1.5 per serving
- WW Smart Points - 2 per serving
- 2 large eggs
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- 1-2 tsps of sriracha (depending on how spicy you like it) (0.5 syns)
- ½ tbs of maple syrup (1 syn)
- 1 spring onion chopped
- cooking oil spray
- sea salt and black pepper
- Spray a frying pan with some cooking oil spray over a medium-high heat, add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt and cook until lightly golden.
- While the mushrooms are browning, you can start the omelette.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Spray another frying pan over a medium heat with some cooking oil spray, pour in the eggs, and gently push across the pan with a spatula to fluff as it starts to cook. The swirl to move the egg mixture across the pan. Reduce heat to low.
- While it continues to cook, add the sriracha into the mushrooms along with the maple syrup and heat until it coats the mushrooms with a sticky glaze.
- When the omelette is almost set on the top, Add the mushrooms to one half of the omelette and fold over.
- Season with black pepper and sprinkle with chopped spring onions.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9.9 g
Saturated Fat 3.2 g
Cholesterol 372 mg
Sodium 423 mg
Total Carbohydrates 13.5 g
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 15.7 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.