Delicious Low Syn Pork Meatballs with Spicy Pineapple Sauce - easy quick and a perfect meal for the whole family.
Some of the best recipes come from inspiration from ingredients you have on hand to use up and that was totally what happened here when I had some ground pork to use up and spotted the carton of fresh pineapple juice in the fridge. I figured a sweet and spicy pineapple sauce would pair perfectly with some homemade pork meatballs.
To add the heat to these Pork Meatballs with Spicy Pineapple Sauce I just used a pinch of red chilli flakes, but if you have some fresh red chilli on hand you can slice up one of those and use that instead. The rest of the sauce is just combining some usual Asian style flavours such as soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
These Pork Meatballs with Spicy Pineapple Sauce can be ready as quickly as it takes you to make your sides, so are a perfect weeknight meal after a long day at work.
Love meals that are ready in less than 30 minutes? Check out some of these other recipes:
- Syn Free Spring Roll in a Bowl
- Low Syn Mongolian Beef
- Low Syn Chicken in Sun-dried Tomato Creamy Sauce
- Low Syn Satay Beef and Vegetables
- Creamy One Pot Pork Pasta
- Syn Free Pizza Chicken
- Syn Free Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Rice
- Orange Ginger Chicken Fried Rice
- One Pot Creamy Yellow Zucchini Pasta
- One Pot New Orleans Cajun Pasta
- Low Syn Stove Top BBQ Chicken
- One Pot Creamy Cheesy Leek Pasta
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 850+ delicious Slimming World Recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients and syn value etc
How can I add a ⅓ speed foods to these Pork Meatballs with Spicy Pineapple Sauce?
I served alongside this Roasted Cauliflower Rice and some stir-fried shredded vegetables (such as cabbage and carrots) to really up all those healthy speed foods.
What kitchen items do I need to make these Pork Meatballs with Spicy Pineapple Sauce?
- Measuring Scales
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring jug or Measuring Cups
- Mixing Bowl
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife
- Frying Pan
- Wooden Spoon
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 500g of extra lean ground pork
- ½ tsp of ginger
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tbs of starch (corn, tapioca or arrowroot) - 1.5 syns
- 1 tsp salt
- cooking oil spray
- for the spicy pineapple sauce:
- ¼ cup of pineapple juice - 2 syns
- 2 tbs of soy sauce
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger root
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- pinch of red chilli flakes (or use fresh red chilli)
- 1 tbs of tomato paste
- to serve:
- pinch of sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Add all the ingredients for the meatballs to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Form into meatballs
- Heat a frying pan over a medium high heat with some cooking oil spray, add the meatballs and cook until lightly browned on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce to the frying pan and stir to combine. Heat until sauce reduces down and thickens.
- Add in meatballs and simmer until coated and cooked through
- sprinkle with fresh chopped spring onions and a pinch of sesame seed.s
- Serve with your choice of sides and enjoy
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Whole30, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 syn per serving
- Original/SP - 1 syn per serving
- WW Smart Points - 4 per serving
- Paleo/Whole30 - use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce
- Gluten Free - use a gluten free soy sauce
don't fancy pork? swap for ground chicken or turkey.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 229Total Fat 4.4gSaturated Fat 2.2gCholesterol 98mgSodium 625mgCarbohydrates 7.1gFiber 0.8gSugar 2.7gProtein 39.5g