This healthy one pan Spring Roll in a bowl is the perfect fakeaway meal to satisfy those cravings.
Craving some take-out Chinese food but trying to be healthy? Look no further. A new addition to my Fakeaway menu is the Spring Roll in a Bowl. This tasty traditional dish is filled with speed food and will satisfy your Umami cravings but not ruin your diet.
Traditionally spring rolls are quite a naughty treat as they are deep-fried. This cooking technique never fails to taste great but it’s definitely not Syn friendly. For this reason, they’re a rare treat in this house.
I decided to figure out a Syn friendly solution to my craving and ultimately realized the way forward was to eliminate the wrapper and skip deep frying. Once you add the ingredients together, you don’t need to encase them or deep fry. You just need to eat!
I’m so happy my trials to create a healthy spring roll option worked out so well and I’m sure you’ll be pleased too. Sometimes I don’t even want or need a main meal from a Chinese takeaway, I just want a few tasty side dishes and spring rolls are one of my favourites. Now we don’t need to feel guilty about indulging ourselves and we can keep our syns for a treat.
Pair this dish with some of my other delicious Slimming World Chinese Fakeaway dishes:
- Low Syn Mongolian Beef (Stove Top and Actifry)
- Low Syn Satay Beef and Vegetables
- Actifry Sweet and Sour Chicken Bites
- Syn Free Chinese Chicken Curry
- Chicken Chop Suey
- Low Syn Chinese Salt and Pepper Chicken
- Low Syn Beef with Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce
- Low Syn Beef Chow Mein
- Hoisin Chicken (Actifry or Stove Top)
- Low Syn Sweet Chilli Beef
- Mongolian Beef
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 800+ delicious Slimming World Recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients or syn value.
Don't fancy ground pork? This is also tasty with ground chicken or turkey, or if you don't fancy mince, use some cooked shredded chicken or even shrimp.
How can I add a ⅓ speed foods to this Spring Roll in a Bowl?
You don't need to worry about the speed foods in this yummy recipe, as I've got it all covered. This recipe is packed to the brim with healthy speed foods while still being amazingly delicious.
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED FOR THIS SPRING ROLL IN BOWL?
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 1lb/455g of ground pork (or can use chicken or turkey)
- 400g/14oz of bean sprouts
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 2 tsps of fresh grated ginger
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 2 tbs of light soy sauce
- 1 tbs of dark soy sauce
- 2 cups of shredded kale slaw (or use shredded cabbage)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- black pepper
- 0.5 tbs of sukrin (or another sweetener of choice)
- cooking oil spray
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- Add bean sprouts to a bowl, cover with boiling hot water and allow to soak for a couple of mins. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan or wok over a medium high heat with cooking oil spray.
- Add the ground pork, garlic and ginger and fry for a couple of mins till the pork is browned.
- Add in the shredded cabbage and carrot, plus the soy sauce, black pepper and sukrin (sweetener). Stir-fry for a couple of mins.
- Add in the bean sprouts, toss to mix altogether, fry for a further minute.
- Season well with black pepper and sprinkle with the chopped spring onions
- Serve and Enjoy!!
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - syn free per serving
- Original/SP - syn free per serving
- WW Smart Points - 0 per serving (use extra lean ground turkey or chicken)
- Gluten Free - use gluten free soy sauce
- Paleo - use coconut aminos and coconut sugar
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 248Total Fat 6.1gSaturated Fat 2.3gCholesterol 22mgSodium 739mgCarbohydrates 14.1gFiber 4.4gSugar 8.4gProtein 34.1g