This Chicken in Sun-dried Tomato Creamy Sauce will quickly become a family favourite. Low in syns and perfect with a variety of sides.
There is something pretty darn amazing about Sun-dried tomatoes, don't you think. They pack an amazing flavour and are perfect in so many different recipes, but especially good with chicken or pasta.
They are not always easy to find here in Canada, so usually when I spot the little bags in the fresh produce aisle of my grocery store, I'll throw a bag in the cart, just because you never know when you might need some.
I've had a bag for a while now, meaning to make this dish, but for some reason never got round to it until tonight, because I finally had those chicken breasts on hands and remembered to make it.
The only last thing to decide was what to serve with it. Now usually with anything creamy like this Chicken in Sun-dried Tomato Creamy Sauce, the typical choice would be pasta, but my kids had already made it very clear they didn't want pasta tonight, so instead, I went for some syn free crispy potato slices using my perfect syn free chip method and grilled zucchini, which complimented the main really well.
Lucky for me, there was some leftover for the next day, and you can guess what I did with that. I cooked up some pasta and stirred it all in for an amazing pasta dish for one. Served with a big mixed salad - yum!!!
How can I add a ⅓ speed foods to this Chicken in Sun-dried Tomato Creamy Sauce?
I went for some grilled zucchini slices. I just cut a zucchini in half and then cut it into slices, seasoned with a little pinch of salt and black pepper and grilled it on a grill pan with a little cooking oil spray. It was perfect. Any green vegetable of choice would go well with this, add in some spinach or serve with some broccoli or asparagus. This Chicken in Sun-dried Tomato is also perfect for an SP day, so serve alongside some cauliflower or veg mash, or just some healthy green vegetables.
What kitchen Items do I need to make this Chicken in Sun-dried Tomato Creamy Sauce?
- Non Stick Frying Pan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Jug
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Low Syn Chicken in Sun-dried Tomato Creamy Sauce | Slimming World
Yield 3 servings
This recipe is gluten-free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 2.5 syns per serving
- Original/SP - 2.5 syns per serving (serve with speed vegetables of choice)
- WW Smart Points - 1 per serving
*suitable for freezing
- 3 Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breast - approx 200g per breast
- salt and black pepper
- pinch of mixed Italian herbs
- cooking oil spray
- 2 cups (480ml) of low sodium chicken stock
- 5 tbs of low-fat cream cheese (5 syns)
- 50g of sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped - (2 syns)
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Place the chicken breasts on a board, and cover over with cling film, then using a meat mallet, pound until thin.
- Season with a little pinch of salt and black pepper, and some Italian mixed herbs.
- Spray a dip frying pan over a medium-high heat with some cooking oil spray, add the chicken breasts and cook for about 5 mins per side until lightly golden, then remove from pan and set aside.
- Spray the frying pan with a little more cooking oil spray and add the onion. Fry for a few minutes until translucent.
- Then add in the garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes, plus a little stock, to prevent any sticking and fry until softened.
- Add in the cream cheese and stir until melted, then add the remaining stock. The sauce will look quite watery at this stage, but don't worry, as you simmer it will reduce down and thicken.
- Place the chicken breasts back in into the pan with the sauce, and allow it to lightly bubble on a medium heat for about 12-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced down into a creamy sauce that coats the chicken.
- Sprinkle with a little chopped fresh parsley and serve with your choice of sides.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Cuisine American, Italian
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 122 mg
Sodium 695 mg
Total Carbohydrates 15.5 g
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 53.1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.