Chicken Parmesan is one of those dishes you just never tire of.
Tender Chicken breast, coated in breadcrumbs, rich tomato sauce and topped with cheese and baked till melted.
What's not to like? I just love Chicken Parmesan.
It can be served in a variety of different ways, mainly with pasta, but even in sandwiches or with mashed potatoes. I personally love it with cooked pasta, but the choice is up to you.
I use my Homemade Pizza Sauce for the sauce (I pretty much always have a batch of that on hand in the freezer), but it doesn't take too long to make up a batch either.
All ready and out of the oven, how amazing does that look?
Seriously if you haven't tried this yet, then get making it quick. The Chicken Parmesan is just 1 Healthy Extra A choice and ½ Healthy Extra B choice per serving.
Then of course if you choose to serve alongside some pasta like me, that is completely free on Slimming World.
If you have already used your healthy extra b choice, you could also just syn that part, making this just 1 Healthy Extra A choice and 3 syns. Still not bad, right?
Extra Easy – 1 HEa and ½ HEb per serving
Original/SP – 1 HEa and ½ HEb per serving (when served with speed foods)
WW Smart Points - 9
- Homemade Pizza Sauce (click on for recipe)
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half so you have 4 thinner breasts fillets.
- 120g/4oz of whole wheat bread (2xHEb's), lightly toasted and blitzed in a food processor
- 60g/2oz of parmesan (2xHEa's)
- 90g/3oz of mozzarella (2xHEa's)
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ salt and black pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- fresh basil, chopped
- spray oil
- Spread the pizza sauce on the bottom of a large oven proof rectangle dish
- Preheat oven to 230c or 450f
- Add the beaten eggs to a bowl
- Mix the homemade breadcrumbs with the parmesan, oregano, salt and black pepper.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the egg and then into the breadcrumb mixture to coat evenly.
- Spray a frying pan with spray oil over a medium high heat and cook each side of the chicken until golden. Transfer chicken to the oven proof dish on top of the sauce. Top with the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with basil.
- Bake in the oven until mozzarella has melted and golden and chicken is cooked through.
- (approx 20-30mins)
- Serve with your choice of sides.
- I like to serve with some pasta and a mixed salad.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.