This delicious Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Rice in cooked all in one pan and ready in 20 minutes. Perfect comfort food for the entire family to enjoy.
Don't you just love Costco? We go through heaps of fresh fruit and vegetables each week and so I love that Costco sells bigger packs of the fresh vegetables with love for a reasonable price. Especially in the winter time, when all the amazing fresh fruit and vegetable stalls that are scattered all around the countryside in South Western Ontario and that I get used to in the Summer are no longer available.
This week I grabbed a big bag of broccoli. I wanted quick easy meals this week, as new I was on a busy schedule, so had already planned to make this delicious Ginger Beef and Broccoli with some steamed brown rice.
With the rest of the broccoli, I combined it with some fresh diced chicken breast for this amazing Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Rice. Super easy to make and the kids just loved it.
I don't know what it is, but broccoli is an amazing vegetable for combining with cheddar, the two just go amazingly well together. Like in this Broccoli Cheddar Toasts or Broccoli Cheddar Hash Browns which are seriously moreish.
So it seemed like a perfect addition to this Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Rice and I was right. A complete meal in a bowl, nothing complicated or fussy.
Broccoli counts for your vegetables too in this dish, so we don't need to worry about adding any extra veg to this Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Rice. It certainly isn't a crime to add some more vegetables of choice to your plate though, if you want to up those vegetables even further.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Rice?
- Non Stick Frying Pan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Jug
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Watch below for how to make Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Rice:
- 400g (14oz) of uncooked diced chicken breast
- salt and black pepper
- 225g (8oz) of long grain rice
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 640ml (2.7 cups) of chicken stock
- 250g (9oz) of broccoli
- 120g (4.2oz) of cheddar, grated
- cooking oil spray
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat with cooking oil spray. Add the chicken and a pinch of salt and black pepper and fry until lightly golden, remove and set aside.
- Spray the frying pan with some more cooking oil spray. Add the rice, onion and garlic powder and fry until the rice just starts to go translucent.
- Pour in the chicken stock, bring to a boil and then cover and simmer for 6 mins.
- Add the broccoli and chicken, cover and simmer for an additional 8 mins.
- Remove lid, add cheddar and stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat, Cover and leave for about 8 minutes, until rice is cooked
- Serve and enjoy
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 452Total Fat 11.7gSaturated Fat 6.4gCholesterol 88.6mgSodium 338mgFiber 3.8gSugar 2.3gProtein 39.2g