Cheesy Broccoli Avocado Toasts - crispy oven baked toast, topped with cheesy broccoli goodness for a perfect any time of day combo.
These simple but delicious cheesy broccoli toasts are a great way to combine some speed foods into your meal. It’s super quick to make and will be a regular rotation to you meal plan.
Cheesy Broccoli Avocado Toast
Occasionally I take it that ones step further with a little mashed avocado, because hey, avocado takes anything to the next level. Right?
Think avocado is to high in fats? It's actually not as bad as you might think. Check out my post on Avocado on Slimming Eats - you'll definitely be adding this healthy food to your meals. Unless you are an avocado hater of course!!
Fresh or Frozen Broccoli?
I used frozen, because I always have some broccoli on hand in the freezer and it's super quick to cook.
Fresh is perfect fine to, you just want to steam it until you can roughly mash with a fork. so it will take a little longer to cook.
Oven Baked Toast
Why not just use a regular toaster? It doesn't make the bread anywhere near as crispy in my opinion.
Oven baked toast where you use a little spray oil and a pinch of sea salt, really crisps up the bread and makes it nice and crunchy. I regularly cook my toast this way, as I find I don't need to add lashings of butter to it.
What sort of bread?
Use any bread you like that is low in calories or points if you are following another plan.
You can have 60g of any wholemeal/whole wheat loaf. I opt for a small fresh bakery loaf as they bread is so much nicer and gets much more of a crunch to it when baked.
If you are gluten free - a gluten free bread works perfectly too.
How to Serve Broccoli Cheddar Toast
Perfect just as it is, or as side to a variety of different soups. Need some soup ideas? Check out some of these:
- HEARTY VEGETABLE SOUP
- CARROT AND BUTTER BEAN SOUP
- ROASTED PUMPKIN SOUP
- CREAM OF TOMATO SOUP
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- CARROT SOUP
This is also perfect alongside a mixed salad - like a simple mixed greens with a vinaigrette or add in all your favorite salad ingredients - like cucumber, radishes, tomatoes, onion, peppers etc.
More Broccoli Recipes
Love broccoli? Need some inspiration for some other delicious recipes using this great healthy vegetable? Check out these:
- CHICKEN BROCCOLI CHEDDAR RICE
- BROCCOLI CHEDDAR HASH BROWN MUFFINS
- CHICKEN, BROCCOLI AND CAULIFLOWER PASTA BAKE
- SALMON AND BROCCOLI QUICHE
- HAM AND BROCCOLI QUICHE
- SWEET POTATO, BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR PATTIES
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 900 delicious Slimming Eats and Weight Watchers friendly recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients and smart points etc
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 2 slices (2oz/60g) of 100% whole wheat bread
- 30g (1oz) of cheddar
- 200g of frozen broccoli
- 42g of avocado - optional
- cooking oil spray (I used avocado oil one)
- SeaSalt and Black pepper
- fire-roasted tomato or red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 200c of 400f (180C FAN) Gas Mark 6
- Place the bread on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, spray over the top of the bread with cooking oil spray, add a little pinch of sea salt and bake until lightly golden on top.
- While toast is baking, place broccoli florets in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of water, cover with a plate and microwave for approx 5 mins (If you don't have a microwave, you can steam instead)
- Drain any excess liquid. Allow to cool slightly then roughly mash with a fork
- Mash in the avocado if using!!
- When the top side of the bread is golden, flip over and place back in the oven, just to slightly brown the underside. (this ensures the underside doesn't go soggy from the broccoli)
- Remove toast from oven, add the broccoli (and avocado if using) mixture to the top of the bread.
- Top with the cheddar and a little black pepper and pinch of fire roasted tomato flakes (or red chilli flakes for a little kick), give a little spray over the top with cooking oil spray.
- Place bake in the oven until cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve and Enjoy!!
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
ZeZaZu Parchment Paper Sheets for Baking (100 Sheets), Precut 12 x 16 inches - Exact Fit for Half-Sheet Baking Pans, Unbleached, Dual-Sided Coating, Siliconized, Non-Stick, RECLOSABLE Pack
Baking Tray Set of 4, HaWare Stainless Steel Baking Sheet –Rimmed Pan Baking Sets -Healthy & Non Toxic, Easy Clean & Dishwasher Safe (Large Size)
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 377Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 31mgSodium 675mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 11.6gSugar 6.1gProtein 19.7g