A fragrant delicious twist in this delicious Orange Ginger Chicken Fried Rice - a complete meal in a bowl.
Gotta love a quick bowl of fried rice, super quick to make and really tasty for such basic ingredients. This Chicken Fried Rice is one of my favourites.
But tonight when going to make that usual Chicken Fried Rice, I decided to add a little twist on the flavour with a squeeze of orange juice from some fresh oranges and the lovely flavour of fresh ginger from ginger root.
Those two ingredients alone are a perfect combination, but add it to some chicken with rice and healthy veggies and it's an amazing complete meal.
Pair this orange ginger chicken fried rice with some of these Chinese Fakeaway dishes if you want to create a Fakeaway night:
- Beef Chow Mein
- Salt and Pepper Chicken
- Chinese Pork
- Chicken Chop Suey
- sweet and sour shrimp
- Spring Rolls
You can also check our my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 700+ amazing Slimming World Recipes.
The veggies in this Orange Ginger Chicken Fried Rice are super quick to prepare too, I use a Kale Slaw bag mix which is a combination of shredded kale and broccoli stalks (yes you read that right, broccoli stalks), if you have been cutting those bits off your broccoli and throwing them away, you are wasting a perfectly good vegetable, because those stalks can be grated, julienned or even spiraled and are great in stir-fries or raw in salads.
If you can't get these convenient bags of kale slaw where you are, just sub for some similar greens of choice, you could even just shredded up some fresh kale. I love that cruciferous healthy vegetable.
As well as the kale slaw, I also had some zucchini that needed to be used up, so that went in the pan too. Nothing wasted. It's so easy to combine a bit of protein, with some leftover rice and veggies for a delicious fried rice dish, like this Orange Ginger Fried Rice.
What Kitchen Items Do I need to make this Orange Ginger Chicken Fried Rice?
- Frying Pan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Orange Ginger Chicken Fried Rice | Slimming World
Yield 2 servings
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 0.5 syns per serving
- Original/SP - 0.5 syns per serving - swap rice for cooked cauliflower rice
- WW Smart Points - 4
- Gluten Free - use gluten free soy sauce
- 2 chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 cup of cooked cold rice (long grain or basmati)
- 1 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 2 cups of shredded kale and broccoli stalks
- juice of 1 small orange - 1 syn
- 1 tsp of freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbs of soy sauce
- cooking oil spray
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat with cooking oil spray
- Add the chicken and fry until lightly browned
- Then add the juice of 1 small orange, fresh ginger and soy sauce
- Heat until it reduces down and just coats the chicken
- Add the veg and stir fry for a couple of minutes
- Add the rice and another little bit of cooking oil spray, break up any large clumps of rice with the back of a wooden spoon and stir-fry until thoroughly heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!!
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2.5 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 34 mg
Sodium 519 mg
Total Carbohydrates 37.5 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 14 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.