Better than takeout low syn Chicken Fried Rice - satisfy your cravings with this ready in less than 20 minutes dish!!
Cooking some rice for dinner tonight? You might want to cook up extra just so you can make this amazing Low Syn Chicken Fried Rice.
When making fried rice you should always use chilled rice, it is near impossible to make a good fried rice with freshly cooked rice because it will all just clump together and goes stodgy. Not something anyone is going to enjoy.
But wait, you can't reheat rice? Actually, you can. It's not the reheating of rice that's an issue, it's how it's store once cooked. Check out this post on Storing and Reheating Cooked Rice.
and so now we have covered that you definitely want to make this Simple, delicious, one pan meal that the entire family will enjoy. It's kid friendly too and is a perfectly balanced meal with protein and vegetables.
Chicken or Pork fried rice was a staple dish I would order from the Chinese. So when I started Slimming World, I was determined to come up with my own low syn recipe I could enjoy at home. I have to say this is pretty authentic.
Like a sauce with your fried rice? Why not make some of the sauce of this Chinese Chicken Curry, which is a regular feature on my meal plan, just so I can make up extra of the sauce to freeze.
You never know when you might want some to spoon over your Chicken Fried Rice - yum!!
and want to know the best part? That sauce is totally Syn Free - Oh Yeah!!
Fancy some other Chinese dishes to complete your fakeaway night? Check out these:
- Low Syn Mongolian Beef (Stove Top and Actifry)
- Low Syn Satay Beef and Vegetables
- Actifry Sweet and Sour Chicken Bites
- Syn Free Chinese Chicken Curry
- Chicken Chop Suey
- Chinese Salt and Pepper Chicken
- Beef with Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce
- Low Syn Beef Chow Mein
- Hoisin Chicken (Actifry or Stove Top)
- Low Syn Sweet Chilli Beef
- Chicken and Vegetable Spring Rolls
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 850+ delicious Slimming World Recipes, all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and Weight Watchers Smart Points etc
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join us.
How can I add a ⅓ speed foods to this Chicken Fried Rice?
There are onions, carrots, mushrooms and peppers already added to this chicken fried rice which is a good balance. But if you want to increase the speed foods even further, you could reduce your portion and pair with a side of stir-fried veggies. I love a beansprout stir-fried mix with this rice. So yummy!!
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Chicken Fried Rice?
- Non Stick Frying Pan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 2 cups of rice, cooked
- 200g/7oz boneless skinless chicken breast or thigh, raw
- 1 small onion, diced small
- half red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 small carrot, diced small
- 4 small mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup of frozen peas
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil - 2 syns
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some cooking oil spray
- Add the chicken, season with black pepper and fry till golden, add in 1 tbs of soy sauce and toss to coat, remove and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for a few mins to soften.
- Add the carrot, mushrooms, peas and red pepper and fry for a further couple of mins.
- Add back the chicken, and the cooked rice, and using a the back of a the wooden spoon break up any big clumps of rice.
- Add the the sesame oil and remaining tablespoon of soy sauce and stir to evenly coat.
- Make a hole in the middle of the mixture, spray with a little cooking oil and pour in the beaten eggs, stirring the egg just till it starts egg to cook and then you can mix it all into the rice.
- Add some chopped spring onions
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 syn per serving
- WW Smart Points - 6 per serving (use chicken breast)
- Gluten Free - use a gluten free soy sauce
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 473Total Fat 8.8gSaturated Fat 2.1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 186mgSodium 690mgCarbohydrates 57.3gFiber 3.6gSugar 4.9gProtein 37.8g