Creamy One Pot Pork Pasta - one of the easiest and tastiest pasta dishes all cooked in one pot with just a few simple ingredients.
I had some pork loins in the fridge that needed to be used up. I was originally planning on a tray bake of some sort, but it was one of those weeks where nothing really went to plan.
and so with the pork loins needing to be cooked and the family really craving a comforting bowl of pasta. So I settled for a quick throw it all in one pan pasta dish that truly turned out amazing.
One pot pasta dishes are my favourite kinda meal. When it's late and we need a quick dinner, the last thing I want is lots of pots and pans and mess to clean up afterwards. With these kinds of dishes, it really is just one pan, even the pasta cooks in the same pot. The starch from the pasta really helps the sauce too.
If you want some more yummy one pot recipes to try, check out these:
- One Pot Creamy Zucchini Pasta
- One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta
- One Pot Shrimp Pasta
- Instant Pot Bombay Lamb Curry
- Chana Masala
- Spicy Prawn and Vegetable Risotto
- Beef and Six Bean Chilli
- Mushroom Risotto
- One Pot Cheeseburger Pasta
- One Pot Creamy Leek Pasta
- One Pot Creamy Yellow Zucchini Pasta
- One Pot Southern Hoppin John
- One Pot Campfire Stew
Don’t forget to check out the FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 700+ delicious Slimming Eats recipes.
When I shared the picture of this Creamy One Pot Pork Pasta on Instagram to all my followers before getting a chance to post the recipe on here and was inundated with requests for how to make it, because well just look, you have to admit it looks pretty darn delicious, right?
The kids loved the sauce of this Creamy One Pot Pork Pasta, all homemade and ready in minutes. I can’t remember the last time I used a ready-made jar of pasta sauce, because really why would you? It’s so easy and quick to make a homemade one with a few ingredients that the majority of us have on hand and much healthier because you can control what you add to the sauce.
I used Strozzapreti pasta, but you can use any shape pasta of your choice. This Creamy One Pork Pasta is a great way to use up the veg before doing your grocery shop. Spinach, peppers, tomatoes etc would all be great it this dish. I added mushrooms and canned tomatoes as well as the usual onion and garlic because it was what I had.
Most of my dishes combine ingredients that need to be used up because I hate wasting food. At the end of the week, I always do an inventory of the fridge and veg drawer to see what I need to use and then plan my meals around that.
For the creaminess, to this Creamy One Pot Pork Pasta I low-fat fat cream cheese, when I say cream cheese, I mean Philadelphia or another brand of similar cream cheese. I don't use Quark, as it's sour taste won't give the same creaminess to this dish.
HOW CAN I ADD A vegetables TO THIS CREAMY ONE POT PORK PASTA?
There is already onions, garlic, tomatoes and mushrooms in this pasta dish, but an additional side salad of baby greens with a dressing is perfect for adding to the vegetables.
To make this delicious Creamy One Pot Pork Pasta, you will need the following kitchen items:
- Non Stick Frying Pan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Julienne peeler
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date with all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 400g (14oz) of lean pork loins, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 400g of chopped tomatoes, canned
- 2 tbs of tomato paste (puree)
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 cups (1.2 litres) of chicken stock
- 300g (10.5oz) of uncooked pasta
- 4 tbs of low fat cream cheese
- salt and black pepper
- cooking oil spray
- Spray a deep frying pan with cooking oil spray, over a medium high heat
- Add the pork and fry until lightly browned, remove and set aside.
- Spray with a little more cooking oil spray.
- Add the onion and fry until softened.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato pasta and stir to combine.
- Pour in the stock, add the pasta, parsley and mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat slightly just so it gently bubbles and allow the stock to reduce down and cook the pasta (approx 15 minutes).
- When the pasta is cooked and the stock has reduce down, add back in the pork and add the cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese melts and the sauce is creamy.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!!
If freezing any leftovers, you may need to add a little stock when heating up.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 459Total Fat 6.5gSaturated Fat 2.1gCholesterol 45.2mgSodium 302mgCarbohydrates 67.9gFiber 2gSugar 6.6gProtein 30g