Creamy One Pot Pork Pasta - one of the easiest and tastiest pasta dishes all cooked in one pot with just a few simple ingredients.
I had some pork loins in the fridge that needed to be used up. I was originally planning on a tray bake of some sort, but it was one of those weeks where nothing really went to plan.
and so with the pork loins needing to be cooked and the family really craving a comforting bowl of pasta. So I settled for a quick throw it all in one pan pasta dish that truly turned out amazing.
One pot pasta dishes are my favourite kinda meal. When it's late and we need a quick dinner, the last thing I want is lots of pots and pans and mess to clean up afterwards. With these kinds of dishes, it really is just one pan, even the pasta cooks in the same pot. The starch from the pasta really helps the sauce too.
If you want some more yummy one pot recipes to try, check out these:
- One Pot Creamy Zucchini Pasta
- One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta
- One Pot Shrimp Pasta
- Low Syn Instant Pot Bombay Lamb Curry
- Chana Masala
- Spicy Prawn and Vegetable Risotto
- Beef and Six Bean Chilli
- Mushroom Risotto
- One Pot Cheeseburger Pasta
- One Pot Creamy Leek Pasta
- One Pot Creamy Yellow Zucchini Pasta
- One Pot Southern Hoppin John
- Syn Free One Pot Campfire Stew
Don’t forget to check out the FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 700+ delicious Slimming World recipes.
When I shared the picture of this Creamy One Pot Pork Pasta on Instagram to all my followers before getting a chance to post the recipe on here and was inundated with requests for how to make it, because well just look, you have to admit it looks pretty darn delicious, right?
The kids loved the sauce of this Creamy One Pot Pork Pasta, all homemade and ready in minutes. I can’t remember the last time I used a ready-made jar of pasta sauce, because really why would you? It’s so easy and quick to make a homemade one with a few ingredients that the majority of us have on hand and much healthier because you can control what you add to the sauce.
I used Strozzapreti pasta, but you can use any shape pasta of your choice. This Creamy One Pork Pasta is a great way to use up the veg before doing your grocery shop. Spinach, peppers, tomatoes etc would all be great it this dish. I added mushrooms and canned tomatoes as well as the usual onion and garlic because it was what I had.
Most of my dishes combine ingredients that need to be used up because I hate wasting food. At the end of the week, I always do an inventory of the fridge and veg drawer to see what I need to use and then plan my meals around that.
For the creaminess, to this Creamy One Pot Pork Pasta I low-fat fat cream cheese, when I say cream cheese, I mean Philadelphia or another brand of similar cream cheese. I don't use Quark, as it's sour taste won't give the same creaminess to this dish.
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ SPEED FOODS TO THIS CREAMY ONE POT PORK PASTA?
There is already onions, garlic, tomatoes and mushrooms in this pasta dish, but an additional side salad of baby greens with a low syn dressing is perfect for adding to the speed foods.
To make this delicious Creamy One Pot Pork Pasta, you will need the following kitchen items:
- Non Stick Frying Pan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Julienne peeler
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date with all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Creamy One Pot Pork Pasta | Slimming World
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 syn per serving
- WW Smart Points - 11
*suitable for freezing
- 400g (14oz) of lean pork loins, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 400g of chopped tomatoes, canned
- 2 tbs of tomato paste (puree)
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 cups (1.2 litres) of chicken stock
- 300g (10.5oz) of uncooked pasta
- 4 tbs of low fat cream cheese (4 syns)
- salt and black pepper
- cooking oil spray
- Spray a deep frying pan with cooking oil spray, over a medium high heat
- Add the pork and fry until lightly browned, remove and set aside.
- Spray with a little more cooking oil spray.
- Add the onion and fry until softened.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato pasta and stir to combine.
- Pour in the stock, add the pasta, parsley and mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat slightly just so it gently bubbles and allow the stock to reduce down and cook the pasta (approx 15 minutes).
- When the pasta is cooked and the stock has reduce down, add back in the pork and add the cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese melts and the sauce is creamy.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!!
If freezing any leftovers, you may need to add a little stock when heating up.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6.5 g
Saturated Fat 2.1 g
Cholesterol 45.2 mg
Sodium 302 mg
Total Carbohydrates 67.9 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 30 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.