Start your day with this quick and delicious Syn Free Speedy Breakfast Frittata
Last week I decided to take on a whole SP week, to give myself a boost getting back on to plan 100% after the last of our summer guest left.
Sometimes when doing an SP week or day, it can be tough thinking of what to making for breakfast, with certain foods being off limits.
While you could have the usual HEb of cereal or toast etc which is pretty quick, when I do an SP day or week, I like to keep my breakfasts to just a good protein and some speed vegetables, as I find it is what keeps me satiated for longer and is not a huge sugar rush in the morning.
With a breakfast like this Syn Free Speed Breakfast Frittata you can literally add any speed veg you want. I use a smallish pan, so it is just enough for 1 serving, but you can double up the ingredients if you want it to serve more.
The pan I use for this frittata is 7 inches which is the approx size you want (unless making this to serve more), as you will start this off on the stove and then finish off under the broil (grill).
This Cuisinart 7inch Stainless Non Stick Frying Pan is a perfect size and the non stick, means you don't need to worry about your frittata sticking to the pan.
For this breakfast frittata I use just 2 large eggs which is plenty for this size of frittata. For the filling I use some lean ham (or you can use cooked bacon), then I add some of this leftover Paprika Butternut Squash. I love to make up a dish of this butternut squash every week, it is delicious for adding some speed to you plate. Great with eggs or just added to salads, even spooned on top of some soup. If you struggle with speed foods, it's definitely one to try.
Then as well as the butternut squash and ham I also add a couple of tinned tomatoes, Make sure you pierce them to drain out any excess juices, otherwise it will make the frittata liquidy and it won't set or cook properly, of course you can use some fresh tomatoes too if you prefer, but I already had some plum tomatoes left over from the day before and I don't waste anything, so they are perfect in this.
All thats left to add is add a couple of handfuls of spinach and season with some good ole sea salt and black pepper, then you can crack in the eggs and just swirl around under they cover the bottom evenly. Make sure you space all the filling you have added, it makes it look so pretty with all the different colours and super healthy too.
Once you have crack in the eggs, the bottom will already of started to cook, so you can then transfer to the broil (grill) until lightly golden on top. It literally only takes a few minutes and then it is ready to enjoy. A delicious Speedy Breakfast Frittata.
Looking for some other breakfast recipes to enjoy on a SP day? Then check out this:
- Spinach and Feta Frittata
- Low Syn Sausage and Egg Breakfast Muffins
- Low Syn Scrambled Egg Toast with Avocado and Tomatoes
- Poached Eggs over Garlic Mushrooms
- Breakfast Parcels
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Gluten Free Apple and Red Onion Sausage Square
- Breakfast Hash
- Fluffy Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes
- Pumpkin Oatmeal
and don't forget my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 500+ delicious healthy Slimming World recipes.
Lastly if you fancy trying a Slimming World SP day or week, check out these amazing MEAL PLANS, where I have it all worked out for you. All you have to do is cook and enjoy.
- 2 eggs
- 3 whole plum tomatoes (canned), pierced and drained off excess juices
- 2-3 slices of ham, chopped (can use cooked bacon if you prefer)
- ⅓ cup of Paprika Butternut Squash
- couple of handful of spinach
- spray oil
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat broil/grill
- Spray 7 inch frying pan with spray oil
- Add ham, and butternut squash and fry for approx 2 minutes
- Add in the tomatoes, breaking up with a wooden spoon.
- Add spinach and stir until just wilted.
- Spread out evenly along the bottom of the pan.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Whisk the eggs and pour in, swirl across the bottom of the pan, keep on heat for a minute, just too cook bottom.
- Place until broil/grill until set and a little golden on top. (approx 4-5 minutes) - you may need to increase timings if doubling up recipe.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also double check syn values of sinned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 285Total Fat 12.7gSaturated Fat 4.1gCholesterol 398mgSodium 1365mgCarbohydrates 15.1gFiber 5gSugar 6.9gProtein 26.5g