How good does this Baked Carbonara Frittata look?
All the delicious components of a carbonara added into a frittata for a amazing meal the whole family will love.
Great served warmed straight out of the oven or cold in lunches and picnics.
I have been making quite a few quiches/frittata lately and was browsing through my fridge and pantry for ideas for a new combination, when spotting the bacon, the idea of a carbonara one popped into my head.
This Baked Carbonara Frittata certainly will not disappoint. I only added enough cheese for ½ healthy extra a per serving, as I already had some milk in coffees in the morning. If you want it more cheesy feel free to up the cheese to a full HEa per serving.
For sides I just served with a mixed salad and some of my low syn ranch dressing, as it's pretty filling. But sides are totally up to you.
Using a gluten free spaghetti like brown rice spaghetti, this baked carbonara frittata will be gluten free. I like to use brown rice pasta as it is the closest in taste and texture to regular pasta.
Extra Easy - ½ HEa per serving
WW Smart Points - 9
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- 100g (3.5oz) of uncooked spaghetti
- ⅔ cup (160ml) of fat free cottage cheese
- 6 eggs
- 60g (2oz) of parmesan cheese (2xHEa's)
- Preheat oven to 180c, 350f (gas mark 4)
- Add the spaghetti to a saucepan of boiling water and cook till al dente (approx 7 mins), drain and rinse with cold water.
- Spray a frying pan with spray oil, add the bacon and onion and cook till golden and onion is softened. Set aside to cool.
- Add in the garlic and fry for a further 2 mins, just to soften the garlic and bring out the flavor.
- Mix in the chopped fresh parsley.
- Add the cottage cheese and eggs to a blender and blend till smooth. Season with some salt and black pepper
- Grease a 8inch spring form pan (or similar pan) with spray oil.
- Swirl the spaghetti along the bottom.
- Sprinkle with the bacon/onion/garlic mixture
- Pour over the egg/cottage cheese mixture and carefully stir with a spatula just so the mixture runs to the bottom evenly.
- Top with the parmesan and place in the oven and bake for 30-40 mins until mixture is set. Then you can place under the grill and just heat the top till nice and golden.
- Allow to cool in pan for approx 10-15 mins, then slice and serve with your choice of sides.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.