How good does this Baked Carbonara Frittata look?
All the delicious components of a carbonara added into a frittata for a amazing meal the whole family will love.
Great served warmed straight out of the oven or cold in lunches and picnics.
I have been making quite a few quiches/frittata lately and was browsing through my fridge and pantry for ideas for a new combination, when spotting the bacon, the idea of a carbonara one popped into my head.
This Baked Carbonara Frittata certainly will not disappoint.
For sides I just served with a mixed salad and some of my ranch dressing, as it's pretty filling. But sides are totally up to you.
Using a gluten free spaghetti like brown rice spaghetti, this baked carbonara frittata will be gluten free. I like to use brown rice pasta as it is the closest in taste and texture to regular pasta.
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- 100g (3.5oz) of uncooked spaghetti
- ⅔ cup (120g) of fat free cottage cheese
- 8 eggs
- 60g (2oz) of parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 160c fan, 180c, 350f (gas mark 4)
- Add the spaghetti to a saucepan of boiling water and cook till al dente (approx 7 mins), drain and rinse with cold water.
- Spray a frying pan with spray oil, add the bacon and onion and cook till golden and onion is softened. Set aside to cool.
- Add in the garlic and fry for a further 2 mins, just to soften the garlic and bring out the flavor.
- Mix in the chopped fresh parsley.
- Add the cottage cheese and eggs to a blender and blend till smooth. Season with some salt and black pepper
- Grease a 8inch spring form pan (or similar pan) with spray oil.
- Swirl the spaghetti along the bottom.
- Sprinkle with the bacon/onion/garlic mixture
- Pour over the egg/cottage cheese mixture and carefully stir with a spatula just so the mixture runs to the bottom evenly.
- Top with the parmesan and place in the oven and bake for 30-40 mins until mixture is set. Then you can place under the grill and just heat the top till nice and golden.
- Allow to cool in pan for approx 10-15 mins, then slice and serve with your choice of sides.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 235Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 261mgSodium 470mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 16g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.